xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: First Ps3 In Game Screenshoots  (Read 453 times)

Debello

• Archived User
First Ps3 In Game Screenshoots
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2005, 09:26:00 PM »

As for the Cell PROC being more powerfull then the XBOX360 PROC nobody really knows.  The Cell PROC IBM and Sony have been showing off is for servers, so in general that proc will be a higher quality than anything that the would put in the PS3.  This is because simple economics do you want to give away a highend proc in a game machine or sale it in a server and make your money.  The PS3 Cell could be more like the Celeron that the XBOX has now, a dumbed down PROC that can be given away cheaply because it can't be sold in anything else.  Intel has even said that the while the CELL PROC is impresive, like the Emotion engine, it is over hyped because by the time that it does make it to production, other companies will have a sutable conterpart for the CELL.

Basically no one knows what will be the final SPECS on the X360 and PS3, but I is reasonable to assume that neither will be as impressive as everyone is speculating.  The simple reason is because of heat, these CPUs and GPUs will give off alot of heat and if you add a internal HD to either one you even more.  With these units possible being extremely compact there is going to be heat issues.

But that just my opinion I could be wrong often I am

thecheat

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2005, 09:33:00 PM »

those zombies are awwwwwesome, i don't care what everyone else says, those are good not great tho. then again it all boils down to the games, and i doubt thats all the PS3 can do. (you guys are all just fan boys)

FoeHammer05

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(thecheat @ Apr 29 2005, 09:39 PM)
those zombies are awwwwwesome, i don't care what everyone else says, those are good not great tho. then again it all boils down to the games, and i doubt thats all the PS3 can do. (you guys are all just fan boys)

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2005, 09:49:00 PM »

wedding shirt you cant claim that uses so much of ps3's power. atleast for the demos of UE3 they had DEV KITS with specs LESS THEN OR EQUAL TO x360's. this gives that 20% claim of UE3 on 360 support while your just spouting out fanboyism. and i dont give a shit what specs say on the cell or what an optimized demo specifically made for cell to show it off does until its in labs being tested against current gen cpus its just another nvidia FX series to me(supposedly good on paper but was shit overall)

Ubugmetoo

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2005, 10:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(mikeandbandit @ Apr 29 2005, 11:26 PM)
As for the Cell processor a more powerful processor than the one in X2, everyone knows that or rather should already know that. In the SAME EXACT way the ps2 has a much more powerful processor than the xbox 1. did you guys also know the Ps2 is capable on MANY more in game polygons than the x-box?

spearfree

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2005, 10:57:00 PM »

sad.gif

Can anyone re-post them for me please?

BTW, 2 Days to Vegas...fucking awesome. I've seen them couple of days ago. smile.gif

Tom Tuttle

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2005, 02:14:00 AM »

tongue.gif

Wedding-shirt

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2005, 09:08:00 AM »

Mike, you would have a point if the PS3 wouldn't include a capable graphics card. Last I heard Nvidia was making their graphics card and it's rumored to be dual core.

The PS3 may have a better graphics card than the X360 and a lot better CPU. Now we're talking tons of polygons and BETTER shader performance than X360.

Now lets say for example that Nvidia's graphic solution for PS3 is not as good as Ati's for the X360 even though they have 6 months longer to benefit them, it will be close.

You're talking as if the PS3's graphics card will be crap similar to the PS2's but that's pure speculation.

One big HINT that you're wrong is that Sony developed their one graphics card for the PS2 and this time they made a deal with Nvida. Nvidia, the company responsible for the Xbox's great graphics which brought us all here today.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2005, 09:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(Wedding-shirt @ Apr 30 2005, 10:14 AM)
Last I heard Nvidia was making their graphics card

Wedding-shirt

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2005, 09:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(mikeandbandit @ Apr 30 2005, 09:28 AM)
nvidia is doing the pixel processing and shaders for the Ps3, the cell processor itself will be handling polygon rendering, thats the point.

mikeandbandit

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2005, 09:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Wedding-shirt @ Apr 30 2005, 10:52 AM)
That's pure speculation.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2005, 10:03:00 AM »

What platforms are you developing Possession for?

Possession is truly next generation in both gameplay and presentation. Expect to see it hit PlayStation 3 and Xbox 2 in 2007, as well as a high-end PC version in the same year.

gee, all this arguing for nothing.

CompanyshoP

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »

smile.gif

These are PC screens.

mikeandbandit

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2005, 12:03:00 PM »

^ correct, unfortunately they are probably gonna port this sorry mess over to the next gen systems as well.

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2005, 04:11:00 PM »

mike will x2 support pixel processing? is this not the future of gaming graphics yet requires emence amounts of power to do real time?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6