xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Free Xbox Live?  (Read 273 times)

Too_Fast

• Archived User
Free Xbox Live?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2005, 03:06:00 PM »

What is the "SILVER" account?

killerbootsman

• Archived User
Free Xbox Live?
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »

50 a year is like, $1 a week. its really not that much

inVinCiBleGaMa

• Archived User
Free Xbox Live?
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2005, 03:33:00 PM »

It looks like Xbox Live will be free on the weekends for everyone; Gold members will get it all the time, obviously.

i think gold subscribers get it all the time, implying that silver users DONT. I think its just a permanant promotion... hoping that if they really like the service, they will buy a gold subscription...

sounds like absolute micro$$oftness to me

bluvasa

• Archived User
Free Xbox Live?
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2005, 03:39:00 PM »

No, thats not right.  

According to the info we have thus far, a silver account will be the same as a current Live account.  You will get all the stuff you are used to with a silver account and you have to pay for it, probably the same amount, $50 a year.

Gold accounts cost considerably more per month, $30, but you get access to every xbox game there is.  You can download full games and play them whenever.  I think you can download both Xbox1 and Xbox360 games onto your HDD.

To all those bitching about paying for a service, come on get real.  Nothing in the world is free get over it!

Too_Fast

• Archived User
Free Xbox Live?
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2005, 03:49:00 PM »

Why would they do that? Just get gamefly. Plus the stock xbox 360 will come with an optional (at the most) 40GB HDD, which means you couldn't hold many games on there anyways. You'd spend hours just downloading games. Plus people could just download then disconnect and stop paying their bill (till Micro$oft files a lawsuit). Micro$oft is not the type of corperation that would do something this stupid.

Just wait till May 12, they're releasing all information about the xbox 360 to the press.

That's 2 days guys.

cyberg4

• Archived User
Free Xbox Live?
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2005, 03:50:00 PM »

currently there are two "confirmed" (assuming you accept the leak as confirmed) accounts. silver requireing no subscription (except for the $300 system) and then a gold wich has full live capabilities.  however there have been some rumours about a "Platnum" live account for downloading your games to the HDD for free (weather that is one year after the games release or immediatly is not clear).   I highly doubt that the platnum rumour is true.  just some theory someone had after hearing about removable/exchangeable hard drives.  While we all would love a platnum it just won't happen

Too_Fast

• Archived User
Free Xbox Live?
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(Esenthiel @ May 10 2005, 04:57 PM)
Napster has/had the $10 a month service where you can download all the music you wanted, but you couldn't play it anywhere but Napster while you were online. MS could easily do something similar with downloadable games.

ssj4android

• Archived User
Free Xbox Live?
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2005, 06:24:00 PM »

Actually, if they did have downloadable games, it would probably use their Janus/Play FOr Sure DRM, like in Napster and Rhapsody to go. You have to plug it in to your computer within a certain time or else it will stop playing your songs.

nova805

• Archived User
Free Xbox Live?
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »

blink.gif

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Free Xbox Live?
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2005, 06:36:00 PM »

the game on demand type service will be STREAMING so it's not like it downloads the whole game  and then you play it

the benefit to something like that over a blockbuster or game fly service is its INSTANT...

just imagine your modded Xbox now and you go to your list of games on the hard drive and there before you is every Xbox game ever made at your disposal.... you can click and play any of them

it will sort of be like that... I think it's worth $30 a month
Pages: 1 2 [3]