xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wtb: My Xbox Fixed  (Read 119 times)

iNviCt

• Archived User
Wtb: My Xbox Fixed
« on: November 25, 2004, 11:11:00 AM »

Basically, I am going to give you guys the general jist of what happend to my Xbox, and you 'fixers' can decide if it is worth the time and money to fix for me.

Last year I sent my xbox to Cyon (phil) who modded my xbox. I got it home and it worked great...for about a day. What happend was, I decided to mess with some settings in XBMC and switched the video settings to PAL - or, something of the similiar. Clearly and idiot idea, so I was(and still am) unable to see any video whatsoever from my 'box. I know the Xbox works, as I can 'hear' games load up, but I just can't see the picture.

Also, I would like to get an upgrade with a large HD and possibly the newest Xecuter chip - or, whatever chip you would reccomend. Albeit, I can work these details out with whoever seems interested...

Name your price, I will take the person with least inexpensive bid, and highest credability... :)

This post has been edited by iNviCt: Nov 25 2004, 07:16 PM

mexanh

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

And where are you about?? Which chip do you currently have? What is the reject button color?

iNviCt

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 11:19:00 AM »

QUOTE (mexanh @ Nov 25 2004, 07:48 PM)
And where are you about?? Which chip do you currently have? What is the reject button color?

I am from (and my xbox is sitting in) Elk River, Minnesota. It's around the middle...  :P
However, I go to school in Moorhead, MN -- which is right by Fargo.

The chip is Xecuter 2.3 ( I believe...). And, the eject button flashes (green and pink) when the game is in....

*Note: It's been a long time since I have ran my xbox (in fact, it is at home, and I am in college). I believe it flashed green and pink, though I know for sure it flashed...

This post has been edited by iNviCt: Nov 25 2004, 07:20 PM

SICKdimension

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »

If it's in PAL, I can fix it for ya, and throw in a new large HD and chip. If it's flashing (green and red), that's a whole different story.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »

Well, seeing as I'm in an exceptionally good mood today... I'll fix your xbox for free; all you have to do is pay shipping both ways and for any parts you want installed. I'm loacated in MA...

sk8phreak88

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »

Im in Coon Rapids MN I think I should be able to fix it for you, just have to find the video switcher.  I can also do your LED mods for you.

EDIT- if its in pal that is. Oh and I can also do the hard drive upgrade.

This post has been edited by sk8phreak88: Nov 25 2004, 07:54 PM

mexanh

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2004, 01:04:00 PM »

Save some money. Do it yourself. Try Slayer's Disc see if it helps at all :P.

captcavecricket

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »

I've fixed a friends that was doing the same thing
Find another modded box, that was running the save dash as yours, and go through the steps of getting to xbmc and to the video selection, then do the same steps on your fubar box