xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Xenon's Size  (Read 496 times)

Casper1786

• Archived User
Xenon's Size
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (polyesterjones @ Jul 5 2004, 11:25 PM)
...Quite the novella.

ok ya confused me

polyesterjones

• Archived User
Xenon's Size
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2004, 11:41:00 PM »

no·vel·la
n. pl. no·vel·las or no·vel·le

1. A short prose tale often characterized by moral teaching or satire.
  2. A short novel.

Casper1786

• Archived User
Xenon's Size
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2004, 01:38:00 AM »

I got the novel bit, just thawt it was said weird, ohwell i understand what u said now, learn somthin new everyday. so were u talkin bout the topic as a whole, or the irony that i stoped reading cuz som1 posted a long message an then i posted an equaly long message

polyesterjones

• Archived User
Xenon's Size
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2004, 06:27:00 AM »

I hadn't even thought of the irony of your post.  It is funny though.

I was just struck back by how long your post was.

Helios

• Archived User
Xenon's Size
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2004, 06:28:00 AM »

Well I cant see why the Xenon will be so big.... I think it will be smaller than the xbox because of no HDD.... But meh im not bothered... As long as it has good games, graphics and sound then I am happy!

ziggyzboy

• Archived User
Xenon's Size
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2004, 07:11:00 AM »

muhaha.gif

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
Xenon's Size
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2004, 08:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (ziggyzboy @ Jul 6 2004, 04:11 PM)
still wont b as good as a pc waste of money an is like 3 4 years off so y is there even a topic on it yet u all hav 2 much time on ur hands muhaha.gif

3 or 4 years off? what have you been smoking dumbass, its coming out xmas of 2005 and ps3 and gamecube and coming out xmas of 2006

ziggyzboy

• Archived User
Xenon's Size
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2004, 08:11:00 AM »

been smokin ur mommas ass tastes like shit u no

polyesterjones

• Archived User
Xenon's Size
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2004, 10:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (ziggyzboy @ Jul 6 2004, 05:11 PM)

What in the hell does that mean?  Smoke your mother's ass?  

Quite the linguist...

As for the size of the beast, as long as it's not any bigger than my washer, I'll be happy.

xFusioNx

• Archived User
Xenon's Size
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2004, 10:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (ziggyzboy @ Jul 6 2004, 11:11 AM)

Good lord what does that mean?  blink.gif

nexcompac

• Archived User
Xenon's Size
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2004, 11:24:00 AM »

Why hasn't M$ thought about using mobile technology?  Stop and think a min.  The size of a P.C. vs the size of a laptop.  And dont even start with the whole limitations of a laptop!  M$ doesnt build xboxes to have them stripped down and rebuilt.  They look to avoid that at all cost.  They can incorporate the laptop HDD and DVD technology into an xbox to achive thier goal of size.  Why the push for big fat and bulky raw power.  You want this, build a P.C.  If you want a game machine, think out side the box.  
People love lan parties.  How many times have you packed up your xbox to play halo at a friends house?  How many times have you packed up your P.C. to play Black Thorn or Mechwarrior at a friends house?  Retrospectively, when was the last time you packed up your laptop to take your files to work, school or vaccation?  When was the last time you took your P.C.?

nexcompac

• Archived User
Xenon's Size
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »

technology has little to do with the cost of laptops.  Any fool should know that.  You pay big money for ease of use.  Convenience costs money.  Supply and demand is agreeable the next biggest factor.  But lets be forreal hear.  What marketier would in his right mind put a 40 60 or even 80 HDD in a retail box?  There are litteraly thousands of 4 8 and 10 gig lap top dirves begging for another shot at life.  Here's a new word for ya, remanufacture!  Why would a laptop drive cost less than a p.c.?  When was the last time you heard of a cluster put together with laptop drives.  They have one sole purpose in live.  When theier use is no longer needed, they can be incorperated or left for dead.  I say use them.  I still say M$ has the power to get them cheap enough.  Their pockets are way to big to ignore.

xFusioNx

• Archived User
Xenon's Size
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »

Uh you defeated your own argument so thanks. You're not paying for the ease of use. You're paying for the cost of manufacturing that smaller technology so that it can be considered mobile and contribute to ease of use. I guess in a way you are paying for the ease of use, but not in the way you are saying. You are paying for the price to manufacture that technology. Since it's smaller, it costs more.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]