xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: XLink Kai v7.4.18 beta  (Read 180 times)

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
XLink Kai v7.4.18 beta
« on: July 31, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »

i wasnt aware this worked on the 360 because of the ping limit. Im guessing it will only work if you are playing with someone in your same area. Anyway, get LIVE it owns !

xjustsumloserx

• Archived User
XLink Kai v7.4.18 beta
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 12:39:00 AM »

I having a feeling with this strange dash update in the fall, they are going to try and make gold a bit more worth something of paying for.  As we already know netflix is going to require it, so lets see what else they decide to "add".

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
XLink Kai v7.4.18 beta
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 02:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(tomgreen99200 @ Jul 31 2008, 11:17 PM) View Post

i wasnt aware this worked on the 360 because of the ping limit. Im guessing it will only work if you are playing with someone in your same area. Anyway, get LIVE it owns !

That is what i thought, too.  There is only a handful of early 360 games that do not have the ping limit on system link.

If xlink found a way around this, that would be amazing.  Imagine Halo 3 MP games in where you could CHOOSE the host.

Can anyone with info comment more on this?

Martinchris23

• Archived User
XLink Kai v7.4.18 beta
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 05:35:00 AM »

I don't think the requirements have changed - for LAN play, there needs to be a max ping of 30ms. If you're in the same street as someone and using the same ISP, this should be possible. It certainly doesn't warm to connecting to people outside of your local area. I tried it with someone about 200 miles away and although we got our ping down to about 31ms, it was still stopping the connection (we were using Leaf BTW, another tunnelling software package). I could create a game and he could see the game available on the LAN - it was when he went to join we had the problems.

I think there's been talk in the past about bypassing this and because it's encrypted packets there's no way to intercept and change the value.

If anyone has an update which is different, I'd love to hear it smile.gif

spinjunky

• Archived User
XLink Kai v7.4.18 beta
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 09:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Aug 1 2008, 02:11 AM) View Post

If anyone has an update which is different, I'd love to hear it smile.gif

I wonder if you could do a proxy type thing (technical, I know smile.gif) where the 360 measures the ping from another router in the chain, thinking that it is the actual other 360?  So you would have 2 routers in the chain at each end.
Does that make sense to anyone?