xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: What Are The Pros And Cons  (Read 62 times)

Mr.Chicken

• Archived User
What Are The Pros And Cons
« on: December 14, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »

spacers, plugs wtv you want to call them, well i'm think about get them done and i want to know the pros and cons, and the facts behind them, and the best ways on going about doing it

Samulayo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »

Do you mean this:

(IMG:http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/01-ear/A41201/high/vanster.jpg)

if yes then
pro - you may pull some punk and or fetish girls
con - you'll wreck you lobes

pegasys

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 03:06:00 PM »

Pro- umm I dunno
con- it looks horrible and in a few years if u don't turn out to be a tatto artist u will regret it.

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 04:03:00 PM »

Con- Ugly as hell
Pro- You can blame the lack of chicks you get on your fashion sense and not your personality.

powercntrl

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 04:20:00 PM »

Great permanent way to let the world know you've got issues.  Whatever happened to the days of expressing angst by simply fucking up your hair?

dewmonger

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 04:39:00 PM »

Con:  It makes you look stupid.
Pro:  It makes you look ugly, causing people to forget you are stupid.

pleh12em

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »

Tip: Never ask about anything considered "cool" on the internet. The angry nerds will only hate you more.

Do what you want. If you want them done, and you like it, who cares what it looks like when you're older?

Mr.Chicken

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 05:09:00 PM »

yeah well that sums about abosolutly nuttin so if anyone has some real information not about looks but in the actuall thing, that'd be great thx, oh and thats was the exact pic that i want my ears to look like lol, that the one i used to convince my mom to let me get em

pleh12em

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 05:15:00 PM »

What do you want to hear?

Why do you want them? The pros are getting whatever that is. We can't tell you that.

The cons are fucking up your earlobes. But you know that.

There's nothing else to say. Get them if you want, and if you don't like them after a week them take them out. Nothing will be ruined that soon.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2004, 05:19:00 PM »

just for the love of god dont use the excuse of "culture and wanting to take part in what others have done for centuries" or some crap like that...

powercntrl

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2004, 06:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (pleh12em @ Dec 14 2004, 09:04 PM)
Tip: Never ask about anything considered "cool" on the internet. The angry nerds will only hate you more.

Here's the deal, the social pecking order is a wee bit different on the Internet.  No one here really cares what kind of clothes you wear, what you look like or what kind of vehicle you drive.  People on the net are more inclined to speak their minds regardless of what's cool, since real-life cool does not transcend the Internet.  The average person is going to think you look retarded for mutilating yourself - they may not say it in real life, but they're thinking it.  As people DO judge you based on how you look, the usual caveats about less girlfriends/mates/job opportunities apply.

You may not give a fuck now, and I doubt anyone here can change your mind about it.  You'll be kicking your own ass over it a few years down the road.  But hey, what do I know, I'm just some uncool almost 26 y/o guy on some Xbox forum.   tongue.gif

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2004, 06:06:00 PM »

Pro: Sorry I have no idea, but then that's just me.
Con: Posible damage to future job opportunities. It's much more dificult to hide or cover this type of body modification than a tatoo(coverable with makeup or clothing) or ear/nose/tongue ring/stud(removable).

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (pleh12em @ Dec 15 2004, 03:04 AM)

Do what you want. If you want them done, and you like it, who cares what it looks like when you're older?

Who cares what it'll look like when it's older? Lots of people. Potential employers for one. A bunch of friends and myself got into tatoos and body mods. Thankfully every mark on my body is cover by a shirt, but I have friends that have forearms covered in tatoos. Doesn't help if you want to get a professional job in an office. Several banks turned one of my friends down over a tattoo on the back side of his hand. It's not indicative of his qualifications, but they can chose not to hire him for it. Anyway, if ya wanna look like a freak have fun. But there are consequences to almost all your actions.

pleh12em

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2004, 06:53:00 PM »

If he wants to look like an idiot that bad then he's probably not qualified for any decent job anyway.

Mr.Chicken

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »

ok well i only planned on getting them the no larger thaa the diameter of a pencil, and your tell me that a hole, not big and groteuesq( i cant spell) will pohibit me from getting certain jobs, i mean from what it sounds like, you think i'm getting those 1 1/2 inch pieces of wood in my ears, but no like i said i'm gonna get em small, so with a yes and no, what could the possible donwside of a tiny little hole?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4