xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Boxlink/xlink Problem  (Read 88 times)

chillinhh

• Archived User
Boxlink/xlink Problem
« on: December 08, 2003, 11:38:00 AM »

Last night i played over xlink fine,but today when i tried to start up boxlink it just keeps saying awaiting connection.Xlink is running on my pc,it logins and all.My connection is fine on xbox becaues i can ftp stuff to it.It was workin fine last night.I reinstalled boxlink and xlink and its still not working.

chillinhh

• Archived User
Boxlink/xlink Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 12:29:00 PM »

k got it workin, one other thing though, i sent someone a message on boxlink messenger mode but i cnat exit it im stuck in the chat is there anyway of getting out of this?I hit all the buttons and nothing happened.There has to be a way to get out you cnat restart boxlink everytime you chat withsomeone.

jswan

• Archived User
Boxlink/xlink Problem
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 01:23:00 PM »

k got it workin, one other thing though, i sent someone a message on boxlink messenger mode but i cnat exit it im stuck in the chat is there anyway of getting out of this?I hit all the buttons and nothing happened.There has to be a way to get out you cnat restart boxlink everytime you chat withsomeone.

chillinhh

• Archived User
Boxlink/xlink Problem
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 02:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (jswan @ Dec 9 2003, 01:23 AM)
I am having the same problem that you had can you tell me what you did to fix it.
Thanks

I just started up halo and left it waiting for a game for a while then opened xlink and joined a game but it didnt show up on my xbox in halo,i left it on a little while then shut off my xbox and booted into boxlink and it worked fine. Has it worked for you before?If not then make sure you have the ports forwarded like said on there site,and xlink running and logged in.

Guest_chillinhh_Guest

• Archived User
Boxlink/xlink Problem
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 03:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (jswan @ Dec 9 2003, 01:23 AM)
I am having the same problem that you had can you tell me what you did to fix it.
Thanks

I just started up halo and left it waiting for a game for a while then opened xlink and joined a game but it didnt show up on my xbox in halo,i left it on a little while then shut off my xbox and booted into boxlink and it worked fine. Has it worked for you before?If not then make sure you have the ports forwarded like said on there site,and xlink running and logged in.

dfunked

• Archived User
Boxlink/xlink Problem
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2003, 03:49:00 PM »

Press 'A' to PM someone, and down on the right thumbstick to get out of it.

The right thumbstick in Rooms mode brings the chat window up when pressing UP on the right thumbstick, and to exit rooms mode chat press DOWN on the right thumbstick. Pressing DOWN again will bring you the user list.

chillinhh

• Archived User
Boxlink/xlink Problem
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 03:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (dfunked @ Dec 9 2003, 01:49 AM)

The right thumbstick in Rooms mode brings the chat window up when pressing UP on the right thumbstick, and to exit rooms mode chat press DOWN on the right thumbstick. Pressing DOWN again will bring you the user list.

Yeh i knew about pressing A to pm someone, but didnt know about right thumb stick stuff.Thanks alot!
*Edit ,I love Xlink! It just needs more people and i want to help.Is it ok if i use the image in your sig dfunked?

This post has been edited by chillinhh: Dec 8 2003, 11:29 PM

Guest_chillinhh_Guest

• Archived User
Boxlink/xlink Problem
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 04:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (dfunked @ Dec 9 2003, 01:49 AM)

Yeh i knew about pressing A to pm someone, but didnt know about right thumb stick stuff.Thanks alot!
*Edit ,I love Xlink! It just needs more people and i want to help.Is it ok if i use the image in your sig dfunked?

c-2

• Archived User
Boxlink/xlink Problem
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2003, 05:37:00 AM »

ya i just started using xlink 2 days ago and its great!  tell everyone to use it , i want to play THUG !!  oh ya and if u're reading this and want to play any of the games listed in my sig please feel free to add me to your messenger list , hicaow is the name .. "its good to play together, for free"

jz28

• Archived User
Boxlink/xlink Problem
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2003, 06:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (c-2 @ Dec 9 2003, 11:31 AM)
ya i just started using xlink 2 days ago and its great!  tell everyone to use it , i want to play THUG !!  oh ya and if u're reading this and want to play any of the games listed in my sig please feel free to add me to your messenger list , hicaow is the name .. "its good to play together, for free"

i may add that to my sig if you dont mind:

"it's good to play together, for free..."

has a nice ring to it smile.gif

for gaming on the net for free, there is no power greater than x.....link.

c-2

• Archived User
Boxlink/xlink Problem
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2003, 09:56:00 AM »

hahah ya np add away .. i just started working on my own Xlink picture for my sig :]  i was also thinking of making u guys another one for that random pic at the top of the website ..