xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Another Xbox Idea...  (Read 48 times)

buttface96

• Archived User
Another Xbox Idea...
« on: April 26, 2004, 04:33:00 PM »

Okay i was in my room thinking a little bit about my xbox and future mods. Then some crazy idea pooped in my head. I head its impossible to play a xbox game on a pc, becuz a pc doesnt have the right bios, and or firm ware. Well what if there was some way to combine a PC's bios, with an xboxes? could it be possible? I might have to some how wire a xbox mobo with my pc's. But couldnt it work? Like if i used x-ecuter's bios manager to combine a hacked xbox bios like the Evox M7, with my pc's bios, and make 1 bios and use that on my pc. That way my pc has the firmware to boot up xbox games. I would have to install a dvd drive in my pc, and probably a xbox mobo with controller ports. It might make windows unstable, but could it work? I might have to create some app, but couldnt it work? I thought about this for a while and i decided to ask you guys. If this won't work i would do the following:

Wire a xbox into my PC case (witha working pc already in it) and work on tne power supply, kinda make a duel boot system.

Anyway if this has been said b4 and its stupid, PLZ dont flame me!

Buttface96

This post has been edited by buttface96: Apr 26 2004, 11:36 PM

AnThRaX

• Archived User
Another Xbox Idea...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 04:41:00 PM »

:rotfl:

buttface96

• Archived User
Another Xbox Idea...
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 05:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (AnThRaX @ Apr 27 2004, 02:35 AM)
:rotfl:

K, it was just an idea, i didnt know if it had been said b4

Psilocybe

• Archived User
Another Xbox Idea...
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 06:01:00 PM »

i've heard worse, atleast you said combine, i've heard others just ask if they had a pc with an nforce4 and p3 if they could flash the bios of the mobo and have it run xbox games

Spency234

• Archived User
Another Xbox Idea...
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 06:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (buttface96 @ Apr 26 2004, 09:27 PM)
Okay i was in my room thinking a little bit about my xbox and future mods. Then some crazy idea pooped in my head. I head its impossible to play a xbox game on a pc, becuz a pc doesnt have the right bios, and or firm ware. Well what if there was some way to combine a PC's bios, with an xboxes? could it be possible? I might have to some how wire a xbox mobo with my pc's. But couldnt it work? Like if i used x-ecuter's bios manager to combine a hacked xbox bios like the Evox M7, with my pc's bios, and make 1 bios and use that on my pc. That way my pc has the firmware to boot up xbox games. I would have to install a dvd drive in my pc, and probably a xbox mobo with controller ports. It might make windows unstable, but could it work? I might have to create some app, but couldnt it work? I thought about this for a while and i decided to ask you guys. If this won't work i would do the following:

Wire a xbox into my PC case (witha working pc already in it) and work on tne power supply, kinda make a duel boot system.

Anyway if this has been said b4 and its stupid, PLZ dont flame me!

Buttface96

Pooped into your head??

Nice one buttface

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
Another Xbox Idea...
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 06:32:00 PM »

Not very likely, and why the hell would you want it anyways? Bios coding is not easy. Sides, you should just wait till' that Xbox 2 comes out. According to that diagram on the front page of XS, it has 3 3.5 Ghz processors, which comes to a whopping total of 10.5 Gigahertz, so damn.  :blink:

brahm2

• Archived User
Another Xbox Idea...
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2004, 07:08:00 PM »

geniusalz

• Archived User
Another Xbox Idea...
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2004, 07:19:00 PM »

The point where a person begin to understand how stuff works, but doesn't really know too much.  Hence the crazy ideas.  Hilarity ensues.

powercntrl

• Archived User
Another Xbox Idea...
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2004, 07:22:00 PM »

I just reflashed the BIOS in my car with one from a Corvette and DAMN it's fast now!   B)

geniusalz

• Archived User
Another Xbox Idea...
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2004, 09:18:00 PM »

They actually DO have modchips for cars (except they aren't called modchips, but it's pretty much the same thing)

maximusg

• Archived User
Another Xbox Idea...
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2004, 10:41:00 PM »

Yeah LOL..

Who was the guy that wanted to rename the xbox games from .xbe to .exe and play them on his comp ... something like that LOLSOLD!!11!1!ROFLOMGOKIGHJBOWS!!!!!1!1!

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Another Xbox Idea...
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2004, 11:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (maximusg @ Apr 27 2004, 08:35 AM)
Yeah LOL..

Who was the guy that wanted to rename the xbox games from .xbe to .exe and play them on his comp ... something like that LOLSOLD!!11!1!ROFLOMGOKIGHJBOWS!!!!!1!1!

I seem to recall it being renaming the exes on PS2 games and then playing them on his Xbox.
When that got shot down he changed his story to he was going to EMULATE a PS2 on his Xbox. And then it went to he was going to emulate PS2 games through Windows emulated through Linux, or something like that.

So anyway guys, I've got this extra P3 mobo lying around, think I can swap it into the Xbox? It  has more IDE channels which should allow me to hook up extra HDs.  :rolleyes:

geniusalz

• Archived User
Another Xbox Idea...
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2004, 01:41:00 AM »

Don't forget to change all the file extensions on the extra hard drives, otherwise it won't work ;)

This post has been edited by geniusalz: Apr 27 2004, 08:41 AM

buttface96

• Archived User
Another Xbox Idea...
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2004, 03:47:00 AM »

Alright well thanx guys, sorry if it was n00bish it was jusxt an idea, thanx for the feedback!

Ween311

• Archived User
Another Xbox Idea...
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2004, 04:31:00 AM »

With the XNA architecture that is supposedly going to be in the new xbox, it will be possible to play pc and xbox together like a LAN setup or together on live.  The games still won't play in the other machines though.