xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Using An Xbl360 Live Account On The Original Xbox?  (Read 353 times)

Leprekaun

• Archived User
Using An Xbl360 Live Account On The Original Xbox?
« on: November 24, 2009, 04:37:00 PM »

Hi all! I recently got onto XBL and loving it so far. I never was able to get on XBL with my original xbox so I wanted to also try some games out through live on it. It can connect to the net no problem but I read on the xbox website that you can recover your GT on the original xbox and use it both the X360 and original xbox so I thought, great, I just need to recover my account on the original xbox and I'm good to go until I read a message when I clicked account recovery that once I recover my account, I won't be able to use it on any other original xbox so thats what concerned me because I want to get a bigger HDD for it since I think my Maxtor 120GB seems to have died so I have the original xbox 8GB Seagate drive back in it so what I wanted to know is, if I were to upgrade my HDD (I know I'd need to have a lockable drive so that I can use it on XBL without getting banned with the mod chip off) would I not be able to use the GT I recovered or does it to look at a different part of the xbox to validate this info (MAC address, internal memory, etc.) Thanks

Offtopic, since I'll be getting a new HDD, what HDD would you guys recommend? I was thinking since IDE HDDs are pretty old now, it wouldn't hurt to go bigger than 120GB so I might go for a 250GB or 320GB but ofcourse, main thing is that it can be locked so I can go on XBL. Also, are there any PCs still sold with Floppy drives for the HDD tools to lock the drive? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

capboy210

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 10:56:00 PM »

As long as you flash a virgin eeprom with your new hard drive and lock it you wont be banned from xbox live. Although if you don't have one it may be extremely hard to come by one today. If you have played live with the 8GB hdd you must use that one, unless you get a virgin eeprom in conjunction with the new hard drive. If you dont do this your xbox will be banned for a few days and your gamertag will be flagged.

You can recover your account on any xbox or 360 unlimited times on any console. You will need a credit card associated with your 360 account to recover it on your xbox1. After you recover to the xbox 1 you can just delete the credit card info via xbox.com or your dashboard.

I would get the biggest and best IDE hard drive, generally speaking IDE hard drives are hard to come by, but they are a decent value, you might as well buy the biggest one. Ive been using the seagate 750gb barracuda IDE hard drive for over 3 years, its lockable, fast and reliable. I also still use live with this hard drive on my xbox 1. Although its time for me to get an even bigger hard drive now since i filled it up rolleyes.gif I would also recommend an 80 pin IDE cable too!

You should be able to use your existing gamertag as long as your gamertag was not on a console that has been previously banned due to hardware modification. This would mean your account is flagged.

Hopefully that answered your questions.

Leprekaun

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 08:40:00 PM »

bump