xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Do I Need A Computer To Play On Live  (Read 67 times)

Xboxplaya978

• Archived User
Do I Need A Computer To Play On Live
« on: February 28, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

I have XBconnect so as you might know, you need a computer to play it.  Do you need a computer for XBL?  Also, I was told that Live lags just as much as the free online gaming services, I was also told it doesnt lag at all, which is true?

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 10:20:00 PM »

no computer needed, just a credit card (and an xbox and broadband)

as for lag, like xbc it can depend on your host, and your internet connection, it hardly ever lags for me, generally when someone says it lags all the time they are in the boondocks and/or have a crappy ISP

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 09:55:00 AM »

No computer needed for Live, although most people with a broadband connection do have a computer  laugh.gif

Live is a lot easier than XBConnect

Xboxplaya978

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »

I want to know because if I go to a friends or want to bring my xbox to my living room(with big tv, soon getting HDTV).  Last time I moved my xbox to my living room I had to install XBC and hook up my print server and it wouldnt work for like an hour before I found out how to configure it, it was a pain.  Besides that, XBC players mod and I hate playing with modders.  I have a modded system but dont play modded games against another person, just interesting to do.  Do online games still come with the free 2 month thing?