xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Something Seriously Wrong >_<  (Read 240 times)

RicoBoy

• Archived User
Something Seriously Wrong >_<
« on: October 22, 2004, 10:52:00 PM »

Yeah please help us....

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 11:17:00 PM »

Try connecting to XBL through a different method.
Like a game or something.
It sounds like XBL didn't install correctly or something....

RicoBoy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 11:54:00 PM »

It is not possible here... Because I want to do a Account recovery, so I dont have a GamerTag to connect to Live. I had one, but I deleted it with the install of EvoX.  sad.gif
But every time when I connect it says "Network error, could not connect tom xbox live, etc.". And all the settings in my network (router, etc) are correct and all working fine. I know this because before I installed EvoX, Xbox Live was running perfectly.

southbark

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 12:01:00 AM »

Try connecting it directly to your modem i can say their are some issues with routers so see if that works.Set your ip to auto matic

xprimex

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 12:11:00 AM »

XBL sometimes goes off line so they can do maintence

southbark

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 12:44:00 AM »

if your bros works just copy his c drive to yours

RicoBoy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 05:34:00 AM »

Hey! can this help me out? The day before I was going to install EvoX, I made a backup (or something) with the backup tool of EvoX, and then it created some files that I have on my PC. Here is a pic of the files:

user posted image

So this are the backup files of my xbox BEFORE i installed EvoX. Can some of these files help me out with the Live problem? So yes, how?

*My PC is Dutch, so...*

fruitbat04

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2004, 05:43:00 AM »

A lot of people including me have this problem. I think its a problem with configmagic. The 00C2 in your Y code means hardware mismatch and I'm getting exactly the same. Some people have managed to fix this switching video regions from PAL>NTSC and back again or the other way round. Doesn't work for me though. I have tried 4 eeproms now that I know are not banned.

RicoBoy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2004, 05:44:00 AM »

Wow... I though I was the only one... Well, I hope there is a way to fix it. If someones knows it, please tell us!

Hey! can this help me out? The day before I was going to install EvoX, I made a backup (or something) with the backup tool of EvoX, and then it created some files that I have on my PC. Here is a pic of the files:

user posted image

So this are the backup files of my xbox BEFORE i installed EvoX. Can some of these files help me out with the Live problem? So yes, how?

*My PC is Dutch, so...*

Arakon

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004, 06:56:00 AM »

I had the prob with some eeproms of mine.. wouldn't show a MAC or serial number during troubleshooting either. I simply loaded the eeprom in liveinfo and saved it again, worked fine then.

RicoBoy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2004, 07:00:00 AM »

Did you used a tutorial for it? Because I never did that eeprom thing before, and I dont want to screw my xbox up.

RicoBoy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2004, 08:08:00 AM »

Please help us...

A.Z.BEST

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2004, 09:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (RicoBoy @ Oct 23 2004, 01:47 PM)
Wow... I though I was the only one... Well, I hope there is a way to fix it. If someones knows it, please tell us!

user posted image

*My PC is Dutch, so...*

Yes. It's very useful. View Config Magic's readme file and try to do a blind EEPROM restoration as it is described there. Of course, I know that your Xbox is ok, but you can do it the same way as you could do a blind restoration. And use "eeprom.bin" file from this backup to do it. That's all. After the restoration your X shall be fine.

RicoBoy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2004, 10:05:00 AM »

biggrin.gif I hope this is going to help me...

Edit: never mind, I did it.. but... with no succes, i think that that backup i found of the EEPROM was the EEPROM that is already in the xbox, so it havent changed anything. Is it possible to find a unbanned, new PAL EEPROM.bin ? Or is that not possible?

RicoBoy

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2004, 06:09:00 AM »

Ok here are the ways I tried to solve the problem:

1. Put the whole original xbox hdd backup back to the new hdd.
2. Pal 2 Ntsc and Ntsc 2 Pal switching.
3. Edit the EEPROM.
4. Tried to connect Xbox to modem.
5. Hardware reset with Slayers EvoX CD.

I think point 3 have to solve the problem.. but I think that the EEPROM I used the EEPROM was that already was installed in the xbox. (after EvoX)
Pages: [1] 2