xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: The Thread for a *possible* new banning system  (Read 1238 times)

GamezMan

• Archived User
The Thread for a *possible* new banning system
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2004, 09:46:00 AM »

Optimus\A.Z.BEST®

could u please post info concerning if the testing xbox is running evox or others dashes, from the "c" drive or other, if using xlink\xbc, old save back on and any other relivent info

Hinotori

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2004, 09:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (A.Z.BEST® @ Oct 22 2004, 05:41 PM)
WAIT A LITTLE BIT, PEOPLE

Can someone try to totally erase all the data on the hard drive and put it again the banned Xbox flashed with a new EEPROM? Please, unlock the HDD, use some program on pc to totally 00 the hdd, and then put it back the console... Restore the files and recover the GT and test. It would cost one EEPROM, but it's worth to try, even if with no succes.

At least one person, please. Thx in advance.

BTW, Hinotori: what Xboxes (region) do you have in South America smile.gif? I am very curious.

A.Z.,

I'm pretty sure that in one of the "messy threads" about the bans, someone stated that he first tried to unban by just replacing the EEPROM, then was banned again. Then he tried to replace for other EEPROM, format the HDD, install everything from the scratch using Slayer's, and again, banned... So I think that it is not something recorded in the Hard Drive.

About here in Brazil, unfortunatelly XBOX is not sold by MS, neither PS2 is.... Simply, there is too much piracy going on here, so manufacturers don't wanna sell consoles here. Nintendo has tried to officially sell the Gamecube here, but they stopped about one year later, since they could not sell a good number of games or consoles, people just buy XBOX or PS2 because there are what they call "generic games" (piracy) for this consoles. In the end, all consoles here are imported from U.S.A., so our region is the same as U.S.A.

Just to explain a bit, the situation here about piracy is pretty bad because of the high price of the dollar and that most people has low incoming. Just to you have an idea, an original XBOX game, here, costs about 65 US Dollars, because of the shipping from U.S.A. to Brazil and importation taxes. The minimum wage here is about 70 US Dollars, so a game costs about what a lot of people will receive as payment in the end of the month. To help things to get a little bit worst, the government simply don't care about piracy, they do take some actions, but these actions are few and has no real effect.

This is bad, I think... I simply don't like, as a programmer and developer (not games), to know that I live in a Country where all kind of software has not a good chance to sell...  Fortunately, I receive a good payment in the end of the month, and I can afford to buy official/original games, but most people simply can't, and they decide to use piracy...  sad.gif

A.Z.BEST

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2004, 10:12:00 AM »

biggrin.gif.

Hinotori: It was not enough, cause only the table partition was deleted when that guy has formatted the hdd. We need testing a completely cleared hdd.

So I believe that there are people who will be or were banned without turning on the modchip, but that have changed the Harddrive...

Yup, I also mean it.

But I'm pretty confused again since my last quote... Please do it for us all biggrin.gif. Try to totally erase a "banned" hdd, and try to go online again.

fruitbat04

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2004, 10:21:00 AM »

sad.gif )

I'll post again if I'm banned or in anouther 24 hours if its still working

Devo2399

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2004, 10:32:00 AM »

I just got Live about 2 weeks ago. I installed Dual Hard Drives in my Box , so I use my retail for Live and big HD for everythign else. The retail HD does have Evox on it, but I have not turned it on since before I got live. SO far all is well. I think that I will simply not boot to evox again with that HDD and maybe all will be well. But of course I read the Press release that says MS can detect modchips now whether they are switched or not... I will defintely post any change if I get banned...

Nutech

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »

Just thought I'd add some info, you guys might find it useful.

I bought my Xbox over a year ago. Immediately I installed a mod chip and 120GB HDD. A month later, I accidentally logged onto Live with my chip on and obviously got banned. I changed the eeprom and everything was fine (I also upgraded to a new Xecuter BIOS which doesn't allow Live logins). I have been playing on Live ever since with no problems.

A week ago I found myself banned again for no obvious reason (after being banned before I have been extra careful).

Here's the interesting part:
Yesterday I put a new eeprom on my Xbox and was allowed back on Live, I played Black Arrow for a few hours. Today I checked my xbox and I'm banned again.

I have 1 eeprom left and I'm keeping that until there is (hopefully) a solution.

I have a question tho, if I buy a new *clean* Xbox and use it for Live with the same gamertag that has been banned 3 times, can MS ban my non-chipped Xbox (I've heard a lot about 'flagged' gamertags)?

Hinotori

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2004, 10:42:00 AM »

ohmy.gif This guy has XBOX Live! since Phantasy Star Online has launched.

The second guy says he has changed the Hard drive after he has installed XBOX Live!, I know he has XBOX Live! since mid of last year, but he didn't tell me when he has installed the new Hard Drive.

GamezMan

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2004, 10:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (Hinotori @ Oct 22 2004, 06:45 PM)
One, has changed his Hard Drive on this week, monday, just the Hard Drive, and is not banned...

WHAT !!!!

All he changed was the hdd and he got back online.. without changin eeprom ????????????????????????????????????????????

solid7x2

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2004, 10:57:00 AM »

has anyone ever tried changing just the HD and not changing the EEPROM? It just doesnt seem like something that people will redily do because a)hard drives are expensive if you dont have em lying around. B ) its a hassle to change the hard drive from scratch. c) maybe noone thought of it?

but if you have a 3 hard drive mod, i guess it wouldnt be as hard or unlikely to be tried...

A.Z.BEST

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2004, 10:57:00 AM »

ph34r.gif Hm... just wait for some info from Optimus. If it's not it (hdd s/n), so I have no fuckin' idea what else can it be to cause bannings.

And please, someone, try to test HDD erasing. I've written a bit about it earlier...

GamezMan

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »

i have an old hdd liying around, im gonna put it in a see if i can log onto live , i very much doubt it but ill try it anyway.

Previoly banned twice ......

18.40pm

Sorry the hdd is unlockable, i do have an xbox hdd but its locked to a diff xbox... dont think it would work any but im was looking forward to trying it...

Puresock

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2004, 11:23:00 AM »

smile.gif  Think I'll lay low for a while and hope it all blows over...

GamezMan

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2004, 11:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (Puresock @ Oct 22 2004, 07:26 PM)
Hmmm, worrying results - I have been playing on Live for a while, but have just chipped my box and changed the drive.  If they have my serials on file, they'll notice the change as soon as I log on.  I wonder when they started the checks...

So u haven't signed on since hdd change... if so and the theory is correct then u will be banned,,, for now all u can do is put ur original hdd back in and u SHOULD be ok ... or flash your EEPROM

Hinotori

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2004, 11:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (GamezMan @ Oct 22 2004, 06:53 PM)
WHAT !!!!

All he changed was the hdd and he got back online.. without changin eeprom ????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes... And he has confirmed, he loged in XBOX Live! right now, and everything is Ok for him....

maybe that old theory, of LPC modchips that don't turn off, just don't activate BIOS loading thru LPC is true (they could be detected by software easily), but them v1.6 xboxes could not be banned, as far as I know, v1.6 xboxes load their retail BIOS thru LPC.... Maybe they are checking the bios of the thing that is in the LPC bus, if it is not original, goodbye... But then, why you can unban changing HD and EEPROM???

Too much what ifs and no answers at all...  dry.gif

fruitbat04

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »

sad.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17