xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pso On Live  (Read 91 times)

shanafan

• Archived User
Pso On Live
« on: January 03, 2004, 11:54:00 AM »

Yes, PSO also has a monthly charge. I am sure it's below 10 dollars. Maybe 6-8?

shanafan

• Archived User
Pso On Live
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 06:10:00 PM »

Charging monthly fees for MMORPG is nothing new.. it's not a scam..

SCUD001

• Archived User
Pso On Live
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 08:11:00 PM »

You can look online to see exactly how much the monthly charge is. Here in Canada it's $13.95!!!/month ontop of your live fee. But your first two months are free....that's how they hook yah. I have a copy but haven't played it yet. No manual willing to sell...I know this isn't the right forum for it, but if you wanna play it I'll sell it to you.

-Natas-

• Archived User
Pso On Live
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 06:46:00 AM »

It's $9.95 a month on top of the Live fee. The really nasty part about Xbox's PSO is you have to have Live to play it at all, even offline. So much for M$'s one fee to play all their online games. What a joke, as that was one of the things they were saying when Live first came out. It's a scam....that's all online gaming is turning into. One big old money pit scam.....The xbox is the worse out of the consoles for online fees though. Fee's for Live, fees for some of the DLC(soon probably all of it once they see how many stupid types pay to download the extra stuff), fees for PSO on top of the Live fee. At least the PS2 is all free but EQOA and FFXI (when it is released). M$ can put their Live where the sun does not shine for all I care. It's a joke, a money sucking joke.  mad.gif

No_Name

• Archived User
Pso On Live
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 02:07:00 PM »

Paying a monthly fee for any MMORPG is not a scam.

Xbox live is not a scam in fact it is ****ing great and I have no problem paying the yearly fee

You really need to wake up, XBox live kicks the ass on PS2 online so it is worth every ****ing cent

MemphisReins

• Archived User
Pso On Live
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 02:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (-Natas- @ Jan 8 2004, 04:46 PM)
It's $9.95 a month on top of the Live fee. The really nasty part about Xbox's PSO is you have to have Live to play it at all, even offline. So much for M$'s one fee to play all their online games. What a joke, as that was one of the things they were saying when Live first came out. It's a scam....that's all online gaming is turning into. One big old money pit scam.....The xbox is the worse out of the consoles for online fees though. Fee's for Live, fees for some of the DLC(soon probably all of it once they see how many stupid types pay to download the extra stuff), fees for PSO on top of the Live fee. At least the PS2 is all free but EQOA and FFXI (when it is released). M$ can put their Live where the sun does not shine for all I care. It's a joke, a money sucking joke.  mad.gif

And you, quite clearly, need to relax.

Question, do you think everyone is out to get you too?

shanafan

• Archived User
Pso On Live
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »

So.. I am stupid for buying the DDR song pack #1 for five dollars? It is MY decision, and everyone else's decision to pay for Live, and any content they want. You are not forced in ANY way to get Live and the content that costs money.

You can buy a Xbox, and play every game (expect PSO) without buying Xbox Live.

I think you need to chill out and worry about something else, that you don't have (well, I am sure you don't have Live)

YouKilled

• Archived User
Pso On Live
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2004, 04:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (MemphisReins @ Jan 9 2004, 12:51 AM)
Question, do you think everyone is out to get you too?

You can't be sure of who's working for who these days. So it's better to be safe than sorry.

shanafan

• Archived User
Pso On Live
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2004, 04:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (YouKilled @ Jan 8 2004, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE (-Natas- @ Jan 8 2004, 04:46 PM)
It's $9.95 a month on top of the Live fee. The really nasty part about Xbox's PSO is you have to have Live to play it at all, even offline. So much for M$'s one fee to play all their online games. What a joke, as that was one of the things they were saying when Live first came out. It's a scam....that's all online gaming is turning into. One big old money pit scam.....The xbox is the worse out of the consoles for online fees though. Fee's for Live, fees for some of the DLC(soon probably all of it once they see how many stupid types pay to download the extra stuff), fees for PSO on top of the Live fee. At least the PS2 is all free but EQOA and FFXI (when it is released). M$ can put their Live where the sun does not shine for all I care. It's a joke, a money sucking joke.  mad.gif

Exactly. The PSO subscription should be completely seperate and not dependant on an xbox live subscription. The PSO subscription will cover the PSO server fees. There's no reason to pay for xbox live's server fees when you're not using it.

Of course, from MS's standpoint, I can see why they did it this way. "By forcing the customers to pay three times more and use our old authentication system, we can also save a few bucks by not running another one."

I don't know where you are coming from, but PSO runs on Xbox Live servers. ALL Xbox Live games do.

-Natas-

• Archived User
Pso On Live
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2004, 06:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Jan 8 2004, 07:34 PM)
So.. I am stupid for buying the DDR song pack #1 for five dollars?

If the shoe fits.....  wink.gif

All I'm saying is it's the people who are paying the fees that is showing the companies that people will pay so now they are going to keep charging more and more. The gaming industry use to be about games made for gamers by gamers but now it's all about how fat the companies can make their pockets.  grr.gif

assmonkey

• Archived User
Pso On Live
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2004, 07:38:00 PM »

So.. I am stupid for buying the DDR song pack #1 for five dollars?

laugh.gif  laugh.gif
they got u.

the say the samething with mechassault
(new map and gametypes for $4.99)
like M$ really needs more money laugh.gif

SCUD001

• Archived User
Pso On Live
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2004, 08:51:00 PM »

laugh.gif
But I mean really people want something they are gonna pay for it...and what happens when Sony says hey lets start charging people for this service? Cause they will eventually...people are gonna freak. See everyone knows that you pay for live and with that you are paying for server upkeep which is a pain in the ass.
Anyways you want it pay for it...you don't want it then don't get it...those are your choices.... blink.gif