xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X-cube Or Game-box?!?!  (Read 35 times)

leisenstein

• Archived User
X-cube Or Game-box?!?!
« on: June 13, 2003, 07:59:00 AM »

The recent article about Xbox2 choosing ATI as its graphic processor has got me thinking.  
Lets be honest,  PS2 sales are ripping  Xbox and GameCube to pieces.  Some video stores won't get Xbox games until weeks after they have the PS2 version.

I think the PS3 will widen this gap unless M$ forms some sort of alliance with Nintendo.  Whether it be an all-out "lets team up to destroy PS3" or just have Nintendo develop some games for Xbox/GameCube only.

Lets face it, if something isn't done now, both systems will stuffer a lot and will only end up with a very small piece of the pie.

Stats:

PS2 - 50Million(over 70% of the market of NextGen console sales)
Xbox - 11Million(15.7%)
GC   - 9 million(12.9%)

And with that cool new portable system $0ny is making, that will definately create stronger ties for people to buy a PS3 system to go with their PSPortable.  You know the thing will offer some interoperability.

JM2c

RatsbatsGats

• Archived User
X-cube Or Game-box?!?!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 08:11:00 AM »

oops

This post has been edited by RatsbatsGats: Jun 13 2003, 03:14 PM

cadman

• Archived User
X-cube Or Game-box?!?!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 08:12:00 AM »

I own the three consoles and you are more than right. Xbox and Cube most really start thinking on a big change.

RatsbatsGats

• Archived User
X-cube Or Game-box?!?!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 08:14:00 AM »

oops

This post has been edited by RatsbatsGats: Jun 13 2003, 03:14 PM

survivorejam

• Archived User
X-cube Or Game-box?!?!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 08:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (RatsbatsGats @ Jun 13 2003, 06:08 PM)
oops

Hey I thought you only ever used PM ? What's going on around here ? RatsBags is posting in the forum , I'm posting pics in the hot women section ? What's next Mage and LizardKIng actualy agree on politics ?

switzch

• Archived User
X-cube Or Game-box?!?!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2003, 08:18:00 AM »

i think if xbox2, ps3, and gamecube2 were all released on the same day xbox would win.
thats what i think.  an m$ and nintendo alliance cant hurt though.

farmerfred

• Archived User
X-cube Or Game-box?!?!
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2003, 08:26:00 AM »

gamecube only sucks cause nintendo took there best games and made them shitty as hell.  A cartoonish zelda, a mario with a some sort of water pack i mean come on why would anyone do that.

Mage

• Archived User
X-cube Or Game-box?!?!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2003, 08:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (survivorejam @ Jun 13 2003, 10:12 AM)
QUOTE (RatsbatsGats @ Jun 13 2003, 06:08 PM)
oops

Hey I thought you only ever used PM ? What's going on around here ? RatsBags is posting in the forum , I'm posting pics in the hot women section ? What's next Mage and LizardKIng actualy agree on politics ?

Um Lizard King and I did agree, re-read that war on iraq thread, or many other threads.
Oh wait...the old thread is gone, well I don't think I posted much in the new thread ;)
I think you're the first person to say we disagreed.  :lol:

Back on topic, I doubt Nintendo will team up with M$.
As you've noticed, Japanese companies aren't exactly welcoming M$. :P

survivorejam

• Archived User
X-cube Or Game-box?!?!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2003, 08:43:00 AM »

WOW ! I only posted that about 2 min ago !!!!
Ok never flame Mage in secret : he always finds out ! Did you search for you name or something ? Hmmmm I might try that and see what you've been saying about me ...
ha ha ha !
BTW you have a 99% chance of being right about LK and you since I'm so tired I might as well be drunk (just look at all my lame posts tonight ...)

Nintendo will always have a market with the little kidies . But Xbox is definatvly for mature audiences so there's a difference there allready. Besides stop dreaming yall : if anything merged first don't you think it would be the bloody regional codding ? It's ok for us with region X but the rest of the world are being forced to buy from overcharging local supliers.

M$ actualy has allready offered to buy Nintendo , remember ?

Mage

• Archived User
X-cube Or Game-box?!?!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2003, 08:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (survivorejam @ Jun 13 2003, 10:37 AM)
Ok never flame Mage in secret : he always finds out ! Did you search for you name or something ? Hmmmm I might try that and see what you've been saying about me ...
ha ha ha !
BTW you have a 99% chance of being right about LK and you since I'm so tired I might as well be drunk (just look at all my lame posts tonight ...)

*Gasp*  You mean to say you don't expect me to ever click on a thread that is on the top of the list in a forum?  Just because I prefer to not post as much in general chat doesn't mean I don't ever view it.

You posted at Jun 13 2003, 10:12 AM.
I posted at Jun 13 2003, 10:26 AM.

That's more than two minutes anyways.  Still poor attempts at flaming I see.  
And you want to be a mod?  :lol:

bb07

• Archived User
X-cube Or Game-box?!?!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2003, 09:03:00 AM »

NIntendo and M$ will join and
Become a deadly alliance(like mortal kombat)
evil Vs. dumb

survivorejam

• Archived User
X-cube Or Game-box?!?!
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2003, 09:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (Mage @ Jun 13 2003, 06:47 PM)
QUOTE (survivorejam @ Jun 13 2003, 10:37 AM)
ha ha ha !

*Gasp*  You mean to say you don't expect me to ever click on a thread that is on the top of the list in a forum?  Just because I prefer to not post as much in general chat doesn't mean I don't ever view it.

You posted at Jun 13 2003, 10:12 AM.
I posted at Jun 13 2003, 10:26 AM.

That's more than two minutes anyways.  Still poor attempts at flaming I see.  
And you want to be a mod?  :lol:

NOT A MOD
just a smelly old garbage collector !

I still want to ba able to flame you ... I tried to be nice to you but you just can't stop can you ???? So there's only one thing left to do !

(IMG:http://www.raceworx.com/funnypics/kickintheass.gif)

good 'ol violence !

this post is on topic 'cause that's what M$ should do to Sony and Nintendo ! use those lousy internet investigators to attack the rivals ! Even better : ban sony and Nintendo from using windows and other m$ programs ... he he he

BenJeremy

• Archived User
X-cube Or Game-box?!?!
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2003, 09:19:00 AM »

I think the PS3 will bomb - big time. I have doubts they will deliver PS2 compatibility, and the specs are far from impressive for a 'next generation' machine.

The "Cell" processor is not nearly as impressive as what was first described, either, and it will be hogtied by extremely poor memory specs.

Only the force of the name "Sony" will keep this next console at all viable - but like Nintendo and Sega before it, this misstep will cost Sony a lot of customer loyalty and spell the end of their dominance.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
X-cube Or Game-box?!?!
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2003, 09:20:00 AM »

Thanks liesenstien, you have just given me one more reason to only get a PS3 next time around. Juggling 2 consoles is just getting to be too damned expensive for me.

Mage

• Archived User
X-cube Or Game-box?!?!
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2003, 09:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (survivorejam @ Jun 13 2003, 11:06 AM)
NOT A MOD
just a smelly old garbage collector !

I still want to ba able to flame you ... I tried to be nice to you but you just can't stop can you ???? So there's only one thing left to do !

good 'ol violence !

Ouch, oh sorry, wait was that supposed to hurt?  As if a pic makes your point?  :lol:
I guess it is time to start just ignoring you, as now your reasoning behind doing something is just getting more and more silly.
However I wonder if you hold some resentment for me based on what I said about your country in the piracy thread, that might explain your animosity.  Oh well, no real loss.
NIntendo and M$ will join and
Become a deadly alliance(like mortal kombat)
evil Vs. dumb

What makes you think Nintendo would join with M$?  
If Nintendo is to join anyone, it'd make more sense to join with Sony, having larger market share, and sticking with a Japanese company.

Edit:
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Jun 13 2003, 11:13 AM)
I think the PS3 will bomb - big time. I have doubts they will deliver PS2 compatibility, and the specs are far from impressive for a 'next generation' machine.

The "Cell" processor is not nearly as impressive as what was first described, either, and it will be hogtied by extremely poor memory specs.

Only the force of the name "Sony" will keep this next console at all viable - but like Nintendo and Sega before it, this misstep will cost Sony a lot of customer loyalty and spell the end of their dominance.

Well if they do like they did in the PS2, that is integrate the ps2 in to basically a single chip, it will be easy to have ps2 compatibility. :)
Which developers will already know how to develop for that sub-system in the ps3.
Only time will tell though, and however long it takes for people to leak developer docs. :P

This post has been edited by Mage: Jun 13 2003, 04:25 PM