xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Removing Xbox Stickers  (Read 57 times)

johnney5

• Archived User
Removing Xbox Stickers
« on: June 11, 2003, 04:23:00 PM »

I need some advice for peeling the stickers on the xbox system that cover the screws. I want to make my xbox perfect and uhhh yea so i want to make the stickers PERFECTLY clean, i mean like, impossible to tell difference. Ok so, i heard that you can use a hair dryer to do it, I was trying it out on my dreamcast, it worked pretty well, the (metallic) sticker got a little wrinkled, foil effect... Now there are two stickers that u need to peel a good 3 centimeters to get to the screws.... I was also doing tests on my other xbox too, which is already modded, i tried using the hair dryer but it seemed to overheat it and make the sticker get slimey and break apart (the whitish colored one). I tried using tweezers to pull it up, but it seems im making too many marks on it. Anyone got a good strategy? I need to know, thanks

BTW: There are no illegal intentions here, educational purposes only ect.

leisenstein

• Archived User
Removing Xbox Stickers
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 03:42:00 PM »

I used an exacto knife, but you still have to be very careful.

johnney5

• Archived User
Removing Xbox Stickers
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 04:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (leisenstein @ Jun 12 2003, 12:36 AM)
I used an exacto knife, but you still have to be very careful.

yea i guess that works, i need to steal one from school or something.... If u slip with one of em, the sticker gets cut right through  wink.gif  having a sharp blade can be a good thing or a bad thing. Good idea tho, ill try it out on my other xbox. Anyone else got any other methods?

Flea420

• Archived User
Removing Xbox Stickers
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 06:10:00 PM »

I used a Box cutter, same basic thing.

One of my stickers got that Foil effect thing, while the other looks perfect. I wasnt really trying to hard to make em perfect though, just decent, and they look pretty good.

johnney5

• Archived User
Removing Xbox Stickers
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 05:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (Flea420 @ Jun 12 2003, 02:10 AM)
I used a Box cutter, same basic thing.

One of my stickers got that Foil effect thing, while the other looks perfect. I wasnt really trying to hard to make em perfect though, just decent, and they look pretty good.

Thanks man, looks like thats what im gonna be doing too. I was being SOOO cautious when i was trying to get that round sticker off of the box that the xbox comes in (oh yea, i just wanted the box in MINT condition so i didnt want that top sticker to look like it was opened either. I uhh...Really wanted that sticker perfect.....no reason) - It appears very peeled, i heard that you can clone that sticker by taking some sort of clear packaging tape and cutting it the same size as that same circle sticker. Anything else?

roar

• Archived User
Removing Xbox Stickers
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2003, 05:56:00 PM »

Well for the one sticker, the bigger one, you could always buy the replacement stickers someone here on this board made up, I bought some and they look great! Search the buy and sell for 'warrenty stickers' or labels and you should come up with some hits.

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
Removing Xbox Stickers
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2003, 07:05:00 PM »

I know this worked on the playstation stickers <lots of edu training =^.^=>, use a hair dryer to heat the sticker. The warming helps the sticker come off cleaner.

Anushian

• Archived User
Removing Xbox Stickers
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2003, 06:52:00 PM »

hmm yeah. There was a post b4 givin an exact tut regarding the hardryer method. Think it was slwly peel the sticker in a 30 degree angle and some other stuff to make it unnoticeable

This post has been edited by Anushian: Jun 12 2003, 01:52 AM

TheGreatVirus

• Archived User
Removing Xbox Stickers
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2003, 08:04:00 PM »

laugh.gif

Scroggie

• Archived User
Removing Xbox Stickers
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2003, 07:16:00 PM »

heres an idea, go ahead and peel it off as far back as u need it, then when u put it back on, u a smaller, low temperature iron and iron that shit down.  Iron's are known for getting wrinkles out.  If u don't have one, i'm sure u could find something kinda small and flat and made out of metal that u could heat up a little and use.  Just an idea.

brahm2

• Archived User
Removing Xbox Stickers
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2003, 07:41:00 PM »

Just poke through that sucka like there's no tomorrow...thats what I did.

If you are confident about your modding capabilities there is no reason to be tricky.

Otherwise, use the hairdryer I guess.

shadowjin

• Archived User
Removing Xbox Stickers
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2003, 06:43:00 AM »

well, being confident in my modding capabilities (i can do ps2 chips for cryin out loud), i just cut holes out around the screws under the stickers, then cut the rubbert feet in half and glued them back on with the screws exposed.

I'm pretty S-M-R-T!!

haha

-jin

johnney5

• Archived User
Removing Xbox Stickers
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2003, 06:59:00 AM »

Good ideas guys, Normally i wouldnt care about punching a hole in the sticker, but if you put two and two together, theres a pretty good reason why id like to keep the stickers perfect. I gotta find that tutorial for hair dryer trick. I've been practicing a lot on my old xbox, it seems to work pretty good but im still getting some nice wavy lines on the stickers. I dont think i have time to order those replacement stickers.

Ill take before and after pics of the label and you guys can tell me what you think

Addition=> I just took my lava lamp and took the bottle part out, so its just a lamp, the light is about 5 inches deep into the lamp part, its shaped like a cone - i put it upside down over the sticker, turned it on, i was just sitting there for about 2 mins, i turned it off, looked, and there was a circle of melted plastic, warped and everything :- not good... The sticker came up really easily, however... I gotta figure out how to do it better, or get it at a steady temperature rather than overheat.

Its like some foods that cant be cooked at a high temperature, but rather a lower temperature, but a lot longer. Heating too fast and too hot results in burnage.  

This post has been edited by johnney5: Jun 12 2003, 07:29 PM