xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Problem  (Read 44 times)

Scroggie

• Archived User
Xbox Problem
« on: June 10, 2003, 10:43:00 PM »

My friend has a box that like if u run it too long and shut it off and turn it on not neccessarily immediately, but soon after, it will either turn on and not put out a picture or will beep, turn off, then a little later turn on again.   Any idea what would cause this.  It supposedly did it before i modded it too.  Power supply maybe? bad connection somewhere? any ideas?

nutsinya

• Archived User
Xbox Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 11:34:00 PM »

sounds like it's fucked.

Bootlegger

• Archived User
Xbox Problem
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 11:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (Scroggie @ Jun 11 2003, 08:37 AM)
It supposedly did it before i modded it too.

Umm... What do you mean by "supposedly?"

theagent

• Archived User
Xbox Problem
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2003, 11:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (Scroggie @ Jun 10 2003, 11:37 PM)
My friend has a box that like if u run it too long and shut it off and turn it on not neccessarily immediately, but soon after, it will either turn on and not put out a picture or will beep, turn off, then a little later turn on again.   Any idea what would cause this.  It supposedly did it before i modded it too.  Power supply maybe? bad connection somewhere? any ideas?

well, first off--people who tell you "it's fucked"--just don't know what they're doing well enough to fix these probs...it's not a power supply problem...  sounds like a bad connection somewhere...check all the solder points on the lpc..make sure they're nice and strong.  check and see if everything's plugged in properly...IE: fan/ide/dvd/etc.etc.
if it were a bad hdd--you'd get an error code--so i don't feel its that--if it were a bad dvd drive...you'd get an error code---so i don't believe it's that either.
if it were overheating--it'd be flashing orange...then turn off.
theres alot of things it could be...but check everything out anyways.
it's not fucked--things like this can always be fixed---even if it comes down to replacing a part.

Scroggie

• Archived User
Xbox Problem
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 12:10:00 AM »

that's what i thought too, i doubled check my soder connections on the chip but when he told me it did it before the chip, i figured, its not the chip then.  I'll triple check things, but i doubt its anything i've done to it.  I swear its a bad power supply, i feel it in my bones.  Like, maybe the voltage is somehow wrong on it.  Had this problem with a pc once.  That switch on the back of the power supply was on the higher setting and nothing worked when i turned it on.  Well things came on, but nothing worked, no picture, didn't load, cd drive didn't open.  Which is kinda what this one does.  Like wheni t's messing up and the pic is not showin, the drive won't open either.  And if its not the power supply, then it would have to be the hd drive.  To me, the hd acts weird.  I put wolfenstein on it, and it doesn't run.  Halo acted weird on it too.  Like sometimes it would load, and sometimes it wouldn't.  I should start chargin my friend for diagnostics and shit.  I told him i'd mod it for him, but he didn't tell me he had problems already with it.

Scroggie

• Archived User
Xbox Problem
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2003, 12:16:00 AM »

I'll have to examine the inards of it later on today.  Dont remember what brand everything is.  It has the X2 Pro in it, runnin evox 3.6

Hammy

• Archived User
Xbox Problem
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2003, 01:23:00 AM »

Sounds like an over heating problem to me,Try an extra fan or leave the top off