xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Xbox Live Working With Modded Xbox!  (Read 979 times)

scyraxxx

• Archived User
Xbox Live Working With Modded Xbox!
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2002, 10:02:00 AM »

just ur xbox

Zander

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2002, 10:03:00 AM »

We don't KNOW that with certainty. Please note that itself is still a theory, although it is the biggest running theory right now.

Z

genomods

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2002, 10:12:00 AM »

You must have some special xbox systems Opjose. heh.  We had 2 systems here modded with EvoX 2.4's and they were both working with XBL untill late last night. Now neither will connect. At first I did not think it was modchip detection but now I do. Something is happening.  We installed an Xecuter with switch in a new v1 xbox. Turned mod off and setup xbox live and connected with no problems. Played MechAssault, MotoGP and NFL 2K3 all retail games with no problems. 8:30AM PST.  We then enabled the chip and booted system and tried to connect to XBL. We now get XBL cannot be found. Cannot connect through dash or games. We then removed the xecuter chip and system still will not connect. So something is going on with modchip detection.  We just tried another new v1 xbox system with xecuter disabled,  XBL worked fine.  Enabled xecuter and now cannot connect.  Removed chip and still cannot connect.

korncussion

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2002, 10:15:00 AM »

Has anyone tried recopying the c and e files back to the hard drive?

MS isn't putting something on the xbox hd itself is it that locks out the xbox??

NIGHTBREED

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2002, 10:20:00 AM »

how about a modded xbox with matrix and an original (untouched by mod) hdd with an original game?

so basicly just mod chip installed...

korncussion

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2002, 10:20:00 AM »

genomods

I already asked this in another thread but will ask this here.

If I have a matrix with original HD and ydash bios, only ever run it on xblive with ORIGINAL bios do you think it would get blacklisted as well?

genomods

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2002, 10:28:00 AM »

Thats seem's to work korncussion.  With no additional modification, so far XBL is working.  With modchip disabled we updated system with XBL.  Connected, setup and ran retail games and is working fine.  Enabled modchip then ran a non XBL backup game.  Disabled modchip and reboot with retail XBL game and still connects fine.  That method seem's to work alright.

guano989

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2002, 10:41:00 AM »

Does it seem to be that once a mod is detected, that they put the serial number of the box into their "blacklist" and at that point it wouldn't matter if you disabled/removed the mod or not. XBL would have your xbox serial number and keep that box from authenticating?

It may be that some people can get on for short period of time and during that time, the serial number has not yet been updated into their blacklist?

just a thought.

guano989

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2002, 10:44:00 AM »

another thought, actually a question or sorts.

I have a box with Xecuter mod and I really don't know how to put a switch on it to disable it. Any help with this? Ideas? My MS Dash will connect to XBL, my retail disc of Fever 2003 will not connect to a live session.

Duece

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2002, 10:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (guano989 @ Nov 15 2002, 12:41 PM)
Does it seem to be that once a mod is detected, that they put the serial number of the box into their "blacklist" and at that point it wouldn't matter if you disabled/removed the mod or not. XBL would have your xbox serial number and keep that box from authenticating?

It may be that some people can get on for short period of time and during that time, the serial number has not yet been updated into their blacklist?

just a thought.

I don't think it has anything to do with the serial number since people have changed the serial number to their xbox and still can not connect.

AstroCreep

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2002, 10:49:00 AM »

perhaps they are using the MAC address off the network adapter.  Those are globaly unique IDs.

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2002, 10:51:00 AM »

If all this is true, its such BS when MS said that people with mod-chips can connect.  What's even worse is that xbl is a PAY service, and they should issue a FULL refund to anyone who purchases it and can't connect.  Everyone is a paying customer for the service, even if you aren't for the games...

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2002, 10:52:00 AM »

Good point, has anyone tried changing their mac adapter address through the hack yet?

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2002, 10:56:00 AM »

How would they cross reference them exactly?  I'm a little confused...

Cybersage

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2002, 11:02:00 AM »

MS probably isnt cross refrenceing anything. its not windows, were it check serials to update, because you bought your XBOX so it has an authentic serial.

Cheers,
Cybersage
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11