xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Some Help With A New Car  (Read 46 times)

nachonut

• Archived User
Need Some Help With A New Car
« on: June 10, 2003, 10:20:00 AM »

Alright guys... seems i'm getting a little over my head.
For all those peple on top of the car scene right now, I need some help.

This is how it breaks down, I was lookin at a new 04 wrx, preminum package blah blah blah... manual this and that.. anyway.. the way it breaks down with insurance and monthly payments... it's probably gunna  be a big much for me to handle.

I need some ideas on some nice new cars that are in the range of the wrx.  And the EVO is out of the question..lol

Let me replies begin!  Help me out guys, I need this and want to get some ideas.  My lease right now ends on the 30th of this month so I gotta get this ball rolling. I've already spent too much time looking into this god damn wrx, when chances are it's not gunna happen.  (looking at like around 700$ a month including insurance)

freakycody

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 10:27:00 AM »

If you are getting the WRX make sure you get the STI option. With 300+ horsepower and wads of torque it does 0-60 in like 4.5 secs, hella fast. Plus it will woop that EVO, actually crush it. There are no other cars in that pricerange to get that can compare to the WRX sti, it is the best, now if only i had 30g's i would buy it.

nachonut

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 11:28:00 AM »

Yes.. this would be the reason of my post... didn't I say I probably wasn't going to get the wrx...   And if I posted that the wrx is a little out of my range.. how the hell do you think I could get the sti.. and by the way it's 300 even on the hp.  anyway.....

other ideas please......

TacoBalls

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2003, 11:31:00 AM »

What are you looking for?  Speed?  Reliability?  Something "practical"(my personal favorite ;) )?  Jap cars are always good, reliable, long-lasting machines.  Toyota, Honda, etc.  I'm not sure what you're really after though.

nachonut

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2003, 12:42:00 PM »

well.  I'm looking for something around the same price range and good looks ya know.  Speed is always nice.. something over 200hp at least with a manual transmition.

I'm lookin at the accord coupe... any others?

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2003, 12:43:00 PM »

I  :luv: the new Evo VIIIs...

But, not fond of its sedan look. I have a 99 Eclipse GS and love it. When I bought it used last summer, only had 24,500 miles on it. Fully loaded, leather, I do love my car.

This post has been edited by shanafan: Jun 10 2003, 07:44 PM

juan23

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2003, 01:07:00 PM »

Go for the Nissan Maxima, I have a 2002 maxima with a turbo, and a few other extras and get over 300 hp from it, on a 6 speed, very fast car.  2004 factory they are 265 hp, which u cant complain there, and did i mention it has plenty of stereo room, and tv, and even xbox room, so u can really pimp it out.

I think u can get a new se maxima for about 25,000 or even a little less, if you decided on a 2002 (about uner 20,000) then it comes with 255 hp

good luck, just a personal fav car of mine

Bootlegger

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2003, 01:21:00 PM »

Whatever you do, don't be retard and rice your car out.

nachonut

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2003, 01:31:00 PM »

Yeah i know what you're talking about..

Alright this is what i'm breaking it down to right now.. i hvae it down to myabe a RSX type-s or a rx-8.

price wise.. ehh rsx is lookin a little better.

an no way am i going to make this crap into a rice burner, i complain too much about them.  Just give me a nice turbo and blow off valve and i'll be happy

Bootlegger

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2003, 01:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (nachonut @ Jun 10 2003, 11:25 PM)
an no way am i going to make this crap into a rice burner, i complain too much about them.  Just give me a nice turbo and blow off valve and i'll be happy

Glad to hear it.  ;)