xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Networking With Xbox Wirelessly  (Read 370 times)

Refferehtom

• Archived User
Networking With Xbox Wirelessly
« on: November 24, 2006, 07:22:00 AM »

Ok, so what I have for hardware is this:

Netgear 4 port router (wired)
D-Link Access Point
Xbox Wireless Adapter

What I'm trying to do is hook up my xbox using the wireless adapter to see the Access point (if at all possible).

I have everything hooked up and running now. I have the Xbox hardlined into the router. What I use the Access Point for is to get my laptop online.
I'm curious to know if I can get my xbox online wirelessy via the access point? If not it's no big deal as I'm up and running anyway.

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »

As far as I know the AP is just a wireless router without any actual ports on it, you should have no problems connecting it , just treat it as if you had a wireless router, the only thing is XBC, Xlink and all them will not be compatible with a wireless xbox and a wireless laptop, it'd have to be a xbox wired to the pc via crossover or something of that nature, but XBL should work just fine

Refferehtom

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 07:31:00 AM »

When I try to connect, my xbox is telling me it can't detect the settings. Is there something I have to tweak in my xbox or just keep trying, hoping that it will detect it?

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 10:46:00 AM »

Connect to XBL or XBC/Xlink? if it's XBC it won't be able to detect a wireless xbox, if it's XBL it should you may have to power cycle the network or manually enter in the data

Refferehtom

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 06:41:00 AM »

Sorry, let me clear "connect" up. When I say connect, I'm talking about the xbox's wireless adapter connecting to the access point. That's when it's telling me it can't detect the settings.
Could you explain what "power cycle the network" means?

mew1033

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 11:18:00 AM »

If you have a softmodded (maybe chipped too, I'm not sure) xbox, you have to go into the MS dashboard and go to settings, network, wireless, and configure it there first. After that, everything should work just fine.
Or at least, it did for me... biggrin.gif

halofreak13

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 03:34:00 PM »

turn on ur xbox (with the wireless and stuff on) and connect to the internet on ur cpu.

on ur cpu go to control panel and go to wireless network setup. Follow the instructions and u should be good to go

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 10:17:00 PM »

What the two above said is correct, a power cycle is just turning off all the network devices, and powering them back on

simple explaination: power off everything (pc's xbox modem and router)

power on the modem
wait for all the lights to be on
power on the router
wait for all the lights to be on
power on the pc
power on the xbox