xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xlink Kai Vs Xbconnect. Pros And Cons.  (Read 110 times)

Andrewolu

• Archived User
Xlink Kai Vs Xbconnect. Pros And Cons.
« on: February 04, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »

Hi I'm new to tunneling software.

Which do you people prefer? Also please give reasons.

BanjoK

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »

I think Xlink Kai is much better for the following reasons.

It has a much higher variety of games that people play while Xbox Connect only has Halo. People on Xlink Kai play games such as Rainbow Six, Forza Motorsport, Halo, Ghost Recon 2 etc. Other system link games on Xlink Kai are also played so that its not too hard to join some of the less popular games.

Another reason is the amazing look of the program interface compared to XBC, it is very clean and easy enough to use and very powerful. XBC has a very ugly interface that is something that no one can deny.

There is alo the issue of the maturity level of gamers using Xlink Kai compared to XBC, those on XBC are known to be children or known to act like children. There is so much swearing on XBC which for most is not preferable.

The community on Xlink Kai such as on their forums is amazing, it is easy and painless to make new friends and co-ordinate matches with other them.

The functionality of the program Xlink Kai itself is much ahead of XBC which is right now trying to play catch up for about one years worth of features.

Also despite what you may hear from XBC players there is no extra lag during play using Xlink Kai. Compared to XBC, Xlink Kai has the same amount of lag which is very little.

Also Xlink Kai is better because it cares about this scene, Xbox Scene, and has tried to get closer to it by being merged with XBMC and now supports mimemisis maps. Xlink Kai wants to get closer to Xbox Scene while XBC does it's best to get away from it.

Xlink Kai also does not support piracy while XBC does, this has been seen when there were preleased warez copies of games being played on XBC and supported by XBC before they came out in stores.

If this seems a little harsh against XBC it should not seem so beacuase everything I have said is true.

This post has been edited by BanjoK: Feb 5 2006, 01:01 AM

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »

hehe not really to start anything, and by all means I'm not, but Banjo I can basically nail back every single statement you made with something Xlink has done

hmmm, piracy, which is the program that can run on a downloaded xbox, and is openly advertised? last time I checked that's pretty far into the gray fuzzy illegal area. - think that requires a XDK hmmmm.....

as to lag, it's the same all around, it's not because of the program but the host

There's an XBC forum on here for a reason, that's to be on the "scene" as you put it, it's not their fault they are a separate entity from XBMC and all that jazz.

Interfaces are to each his own, I prefer XBC's over Xlinks "MSN Messenger" ripoff look

Games is true, you will mostly only find Halo and Halo 2

Have you ever visited the XBC forums? Quite nice and well done. Maybe take a look?

To the actual question download both and try them out, go with what you like best.

I was on system linking from the start, with Gamespy, went to XBC when it was released with no chat and 2 xbox support, then tested out Xlink "Kai" - I played on the beta's beta haha with TD himself and played some PGR with him smile.gif . Test them out, download and keep both on your computer. They're basically the same overall as tunneling is concerned, same games, same network setup , etc.

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 02:59:00 PM »

hmmm, piracy, which is the program that can run on a downloaded xbox, and is openly advertised? last time I checked that's pretty far into the gray fuzzy illegal area. - think that requires a XDK hmmmm.....

hmm .. funny xbc has one that does that as well .. its no good and no one uses it but that doesn't make it not real ..

so homebrew is piracy ? .. i think u need to do some research .. kai has never and will never offer downloads to xbmc and funny thing neither does xbmc .. ya anything BUILT with the xdk is illegal but kai does not offer / make / distribute or make available a copy of said software .. xbmc doesn't even offer copies of its own software ..

There's an XBC forum on here for a reason, that's to be on the "scene" as you put it, it's not their fault they are a separate entity from XBMC and all that jazz.

actually if u look up at the top of this section it makes no mention of xbc , do you know why? .. xbc back in the day wanted NOTHING do to with the "scene" .. filthy pirates we are .. so it would be their fault they are seperate ..

but ya not to start anything ..

edit:
"Interfaces are to each his own, I prefer XBC's over Xlinks "MSN Messenger" ripoff look"

good thing xlink has 2 other windows UIs you can use .. dont forget the mac and linux versions with a few of their own :] .. oh and the "pirated software" also makes a nice UI ..

This post has been edited by c-2: Feb 9 2006, 06:10 AM

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »

hahaha

XBConnect used to be listed up top, dunno who edited that one chief, so I'll let that one slide. And trust me I know all about the modding and XBConnect's history, I've been a moderator/Admin/you name it, for them since day one of public release, used it since the v.96 or whatever, and was a mod for a good 3 years on it. I watched XBC go from a no homebrew/mod/hack talk in the forums, chatrooms, gamerooms, you name it to one that allows it because the users wanted it. I used to ban people from the chat for mod talk - I know what's up.

You see then you're just playing with words about not offering the software - why can't they? Because it's illegal plain and simple, you have to find it laying around in underground chat rooms and FTP sites. Don't try to deny it's existance by saying "We're 100% legal because we don't advertise our illegal software" that's bull. But I'm closing thread.... BAM!