xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Live Alternative  (Read 135 times)

c-2

• Archived User
Live Alternative
« on: January 20, 2006, 08:18:00 AM »

xlink kai and xbc are what your looking for, trust me .. both offer free (well xbc has a pay version) xbox online .. theirs no content download but with a modded xbox thats easily remedied with Mimesis .. try them both out, i've never paid for Live and i play online everyday :] .. remember as well that these free services are for system link games, not Live enabled games .. www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=games .. thats a list ..

www.teamxlink.co.uk .. XLink Kai (my home :] )

www.xbconnect.com .. XBconnect

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
Live Alternative
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 06:50:00 PM »

Yepo, as c-2 said, XBC and Xlink would be your choices for online gameplay. The list to their supported games is in a thread at the top of this screen or you can go to each program's site (i've got links to both in my signature).

As to content downloads and what not, we cannot provide you with that copyrighted material (Xlink or XBC) as it's from MS and some of it you have to pay additionally for. You can either wait for cds from OXM with it or buy update cd's like the Halo 2 Multiplayer Pack

BanjoK

• Archived User
Live Alternative
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 05:09:00 PM »

Also do not forget about gamespy either, although I highly reccommend Xlink Kai if you only want to use one tunneling program.