xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Network Setup  (Read 96 times)

quai

• Archived User
Network Setup
« on: December 27, 2005, 08:43:00 AM »

ok, so i found out the hard way you cant go xbox to router and computer be completely wireless, so.....i hook up the xbox to the pc wired and pc goes to router wireless.  my problem is when i do that it tries to use the wired connection the xbox as the internet connection so i can no longer access the net.  is there some sort of configuration i need to do to set the wireless connection as default so it will quit looking at the wired connection as the default.  i tried doing the network setup but it never works due to it setting up both the wired and wireless ip's at 192.168.1.100 . any help on this would be breat.

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
Network Setup
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »

Check out Internet Connection Sharing (the link is available on XBC's network support page)

When you set that up ,, choose the wireless for the internet , and it will configure the wired to work automatically

quai

• Archived User
Network Setup
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 01:01:00 PM »

heres my thing, i have all the stuff hooked and wired right.  when i try to share my connection i get an error saying i have an lan sharing the same ip address.  i have had a previous internet connetion sharing setting that i no longer use and if i try to do the network wizard it just says it cannot do the network.  my question is is there someway i can reset all of my network settings on windows xp or would i need to reinstall windows.  i know the problem lies with me not uninstalling a network card i no longer own, so to fully get rid of that driver and the settings i know i need to reinstall windows

quai

• Archived User
Network Setup
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 09:55:00 AM »

problem is fixed, my router had the same ip address as i needed for my pci card going to the xbox, changed the address on my router, everything works fine

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
Network Setup
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »

Awesome glad to hear ya got it working smile.gif should've mentioned that the nic would take th 192.168. address with ICS configured