xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Quick Question About My Mic  (Read 110 times)

porsche6714

• Archived User
Quick Question About My Mic
« on: December 23, 2005, 10:07:00 AM »

hello, I have the official xbox live mic that came with the xbl setip package.  Currently i am using the mic while i play on xbconnect.  While i am  playing halo 2 for some reason while i am in the game lobby i can talk to everyone and they can all hear me.  However after the game starts and i am playing in the game no one can hear me talk.  Is there something i am soing wrong.  The mic is not muted and i can hear the other players talking.  But knowone can hear me.  I know the mic works because they can hear me in the game lobby but just not while we are playing in the game.  

thanks for your help    biggrin.gif

porsche6714

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 05:33:00 PM »

Woa slow down people dont all answer at at once.  laugh.gif ` Its  been like a week and still no reply???   I aware that i need ports 8602 tcp and udp forworded wich i do but i still cant get it to work.   Someone told me that it had something to do with winpcap on xbconnect.  

Thanks a lot

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »

Sometimes there just is a glitch in the System Link where the Mics quit working after the game has started, does it happen all the time or just part? A thing to check out would be the settings menu in game, and check what voice settings you have enabled/disabled.

porsche6714

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »

ya i have all the voice options enabled that i need.  And it happens all the time.

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

When you host the games are you getting the same issue? Or is it just joining? Try hosting one up and see how it does, I'll try to find out more info for ya on the subject in the mean time.

porsche6714

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 07:51:00 PM »

It dosent work whether i host or join.  I have a linksys wrt54g router if that helps.  I have the right ports forworded and I have the router firewall turned off.  I have Norton antivirus 2006, norton internet security 2006, and norton system works 2006.  Could this have something tp do with this.  I dont think so because i didnt have all the norton software when my problem first started.  Are there any other configurations i have to make to the router or the norton software?