xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Halo Pc Hosting  (Read 63 times)

SCUD001

• Archived User
Halo Pc Hosting
« on: March 14, 2004, 05:38:00 PM »

I have no idea if this is the right place to post this but my brother who I deem full of shit most of the time told me that he hosted an XBox Halo Lan game with his comp as the server. Can this be done? I told him I didn't think so and he swears that his friends pulled it off. Someone please confrim or deny this thanks.

Lord Magnus

• Archived User
Halo Pc Hosting
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 11:23:00 PM »

Yes, it is possible. All you need is to hook up a pc and your xbox to a router, and you can use tunneling sofware to host games like HALO. All your brother needs is a fair speed like broadband internet.

So.. yes, it is possible, it has been done, and people do it all the time.

jz28

• Archived User
Halo Pc Hosting
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 11:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (SCUD001 @ Mar 14 2004, 10:38 PM)
I have no idea if this is the right place to post this but my brother who I deem full of shit most of the time told me that he hosted an XBox Halo Lan game with his comp as the server. Can this be done? I told him I didn't think so and he swears that his friends pulled it off. Someone please confrim or deny this thanks.

i hope he doesnt mean that he HOSTED a halo game with his pc.

because the pc version will NOT communciate with the xbox version. thats just stupid.

SCUD001

• Archived User
Halo Pc Hosting
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »

Yes that is what I mean. He told me that he used his PC version of HALO to host a LAN game with his buddies I told him that was impossible and he swore up and down that he did it and so did one of his friends that was there. So now I can look at him and deem thee FULL OF SHIT!!

Thanx for the help guys.  biggrin.gif

jz28

• Archived User
Halo Pc Hosting
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 05:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (SCUD001 @ Mar 15 2004, 07:30 PM)
Yes that is what I mean. He told me that he used his PC version of HALO to host a LAN game with his buddies I told him that was impossible and he swore up and down that he did it and so did one of his friends that was there. So now I can look at him and deem thee FULL OF SHIT!!

Thanx for the help guys.  biggrin.gif

typical, i've met people like your friend before...they are the same ones that think you can emulate ps2 on xbox.

Lord Magnus

• Archived User
Halo Pc Hosting
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 12:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (jz28 @ Mar 16 2004, 03:04 AM)
typical, i've met people like your friend before...they are the same ones that think you can emulate ps2 on xbox.

Yeah... I know exactly what you're talking about, just here on the scene we have had people that swore up that kind of things is doable, and even worst, that "a friend" did it.

Poor bastards...