xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Look At What This Guy Is Selling On Ebay  (Read 408 times)

jz28

• Archived User
Look At What This Guy Is Selling On Ebay
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2003, 01:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (Smoochie @ Oct 29 2003, 05:51 PM)
QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Oct 29 2003, 05:03 AM)
Topics > eBay Policies > Prohibited and Restricted Items > Compilation and Informational Media
The listing may not offer information on how to receive specific items for free outside of eBay.

heh, goodbye lame fucker

narc - huh.gif

just saying, you wouldn't be so happy if somone went and told MS about your little corner of the world would you??

Jhezz hackers narcing on people what next  rolleyes.gif

k, as for your edited post, well, its like this...

(cuz you seem to have missed it)

people really dont make money on x/s. Period. Thats the whole shebang.

alf

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2003, 01:09:00 PM »

Any person who buys his item deserves what they get.  They are idiots.  The info is free providing they put a little time into reasearch.  But the fact of the matter is that as long as people are buying his packaged crap, I think this guy have every right to exploit these idiots.  What he is doing is stealing others hard work and research but it isn't copyrighted info so what he is doing is legal.  You shouldn't be bitching about the seller, he is exploting retards, business do this everyday.  What you should be doing is notifying the buyers that this info is free elsewhere.  Exposing a person for being an idiot is very gradifying.

If any of my assumptions are wrong, ex the info is copyrighted, please let me know.

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2003, 01:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (alf @ Oct 29 2003, 06:09 PM)
Any person who buys his item deserves what they get.  They are idiots.  The info is free providing they put a little time into reasearch.  But the fact of the matter is that as long as people are buying his packaged crap, I think this guy have every right to exploit these idiots.  What he is doing is stealing others hard work and research but it isn't copyrighted info so what he is doing is legal.  You shouldn't be bitching about the seller, he is exploting retards, business do this everyday.  What you should be doing is notifying the buyers that this info is free elsewhere.  Exposing a person for being an idiot is very gradifying.

If any of my assumptions are wrong, ex the info is copyrighted, please let me know.

I agree with you, its totally legal, but I think its morally wrong.

and quite shameful, and its looked down heavily upon, especially here at x/s.

More people catch wind of this, and it will be interesting to see what happens to him.

Smoochie

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2003, 01:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (jz28 @ Oct 29 2003, 11:00 PM)

k, as for your edited post, well, its like this...

(cuz you seem to have missed it)

people really dont make money on x/s. Period. Thats the whole shebang.

and again you fail to see the legality of it isn't about making money.

anti-piracy efforts include: direct investigation and enforcement actions domestically, internationally and in the on-line environment, working closely with government agencies such as United States Trade Representative, the United States Customs Ser vice, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and foreign government officials and training and educating customs agents & law enforcement officers in the United States and around the world.
.... copyrights and trademarks for their hardware and software, to act on their behalf against violations of their copyrights and trademarks. This includes taking action against unauthorized ROMs, unauthorized hardware and software emulators, and pirated software.

Just cause you don't make money at it doesnt' make it legal.  It case you missed that part of the law.

alf

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2003, 01:16:00 PM »

Yea I agree that the guy shouldn't be doing it but it's the American way.  Anything for a buck.

savagegerbil

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2003, 01:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (jz28 @ Oct 29 2003, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (alf @ Oct 29 2003, 06:09 PM)
Any person who buys his item deserves what they get.  They are idiots.  The info is free providing they put a little time into reasearch.  But the fact of the matter is that as long as people are buying his packaged crap, I think this guy have every right to exploit these idiots.  What he is doing is stealing others hard work and research but it isn't copyrighted info so what he is doing is legal.  You shouldn't be bitching about the seller, he is exploting retards, business do this everyday.  What you should be doing is notifying the buyers that this info is free elsewhere.  Exposing a person for being an idiot is very gradifying.

I agree with you, its totally legal, but I think its morally wrong.

and quite shameful, and its looked down heavily upon, especially here at x/s.

More people catch wind of this, and it will be interesting to see what happens to him.

And whose choice is that? I mean if anyone actually did want to make money you got people like you persecuting him or her and trying to take em out. What is it with you and capitalism? From what I hear the only reason TD didn’t want to go with the sponsorship was because you wanted it to be ad free, and heaven forbid I wanted to break up the team and I was cool with it but now TD is saying I should be shot? And I'm not supposed to stand up for myself?

You don’t want to make money from what you do, that’s your business. I and many other people would like to make money with what we do, whether it's selling XBConnect pro, information how to set up a system to play free online, selling a case mod on ebay or whatever. You just don’t like it when someone capitalizes on public information. Well here's someone who did,

http://hackingthexbox.com/

So like I said before, I got to get published for some respect?

And don’t pull that shit that I stole information from the forums; you haven’t read it so you don’t know.

Smoochie

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2003, 01:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (flat235 @ Oct 29 2003, 11:16 PM)
Oh, this is good...

Firstly, and I really didnt want to say this, but XLink is *me* ... Nobody else ... if you think you had permission from "XLink", you're wrong... The copyright on the client, and the intellectual property on the source belongs to me. The domain is registered in my name, and under default US / UK law, you are not permitted to copy any of it - hell - even take screenshots without my permission..

This is true and I support it 100% TD.  If you made it and he copied it without permision then he deserves all the negative press and ebay auctins shut down that he is getting.

Sorry to flip flop but you don't mess with other peoples intellectual property period.

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2003, 01:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (flat235 @ Oct 29 2003, 06:38 PM)
Heh... I take it that was sarcastic - based on the sig... but whatever... if it was, it was probably a dig about XLink looking like MSN Messenger... an issue which I've dealt with on these boards god knows how many times.. If it was an intellectual property dig about bo-xlink.. well.. thats your opinion.. but Bo-XLink - as I look at right now - is a bunch of C functions in a text file... nothing wrong there..

TD

he's in a corner and he knows it TD...I actually want everyone to see this, including xantium...

total slap in the face to the scene.

and I want people to visit his shitty site too, so they can laugh.

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2003, 01:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (savagegerbil @ Oct 29 2003, 06:42 PM)
QUOTE (Smoochie @ Oct 29 2003, 11:22 PM)
QUOTE (flat235 @ Oct 29 2003, 11:16 PM)
Oh, this is good...

Firstly, and I really didnt want to say this, but XLink is *me* ... Nobody else ... if you think you had permission from "XLink", you're wrong... The copyright on the client, and the intellectual property on the source belongs to me. The domain is registered in my name, and under default US / UK law, you are not permitted to copy any of it - hell - even take screenshots without my permission..

This is true and I support it 100% TD.  If you made it and he copied it without permision then he deserves all the negative press and ebay auctins shut down that he is getting.

Sorry to flip flop but you don't mess with other peoples intellectual property period.

But heres the thing, I didnt sell his sourcode, his compiled code, or any of his instructions. I put them in my own words for the non technical people.  But you know what, I will actually start giving it away the one I made for xbconnect, only because I want them to surpass you so far you will never be able to catch up. It's far surperior and frankly, much much easier to use.

This is done!

so? you're not making any of us at xlink mad with that crap...fine, give away all you want. Thats what you should do in the first place, ass.

And we are just as content as can be with our user base....it doesnt hurt our feelings at all...

your arguements are getting weaker by the minute...

any other last words?

hydraulix

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »

We'll see how my lawyer wants to handle this, and I dont think you are in a good position to be going to court with this information stacked against you, especially after openly admitting to violating international copyright laws by writing bo-xlink in a public forum.

hahahaha, your selling XLink on ebay to get your mom a new leg, how could you possibly afford a lawyer,.....especially one that will keep a straight face in front of you.

hydraulix

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2003, 02:41:00 PM »

damn dup post, my bad.

Smoochie

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2003, 07:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (flat235 @ Oct 29 2003, 11:38 PM)
Heh... I take it that was sarcastic - based on the sig... but whatever... if it was, it was probably a dig about XLink looking like MSN Messenger... an issue which I've dealt with on these boards god knows how many times.. If it was an intellectual property dig about bo-xlink.. well.. thats your opinion.. but Bo-XLink - as I look at right now - is a bunch of C functions in a text file... nothing wrong there..

TD

Sig is Sarcastic, what I said wasn't :-).  Stealing other peoples intellectual property is nasty mean and should be serverly punished if there was no permission given. It was about him stealing your stuff to put into print and thats just wrong No ifs, ands, or buts.

The sig well that's a direct quote from you to me not sarcasm either a reminder that the things people say out of anger to others may come back to haunt them.

katz

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2003, 12:00:00 AM »

user posted image

dfunked

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2003, 01:28:00 AM »

[16:52:18] questions@xb: if it's what you need to further your
           product
[16:53:32] questions@xb: If i knew of a way also I would give you guys
           50% commissions on anyone who clicks one of the links on
           your site and purchases a guide. that way it could fund any
           future hardware requirements you guys may need
[16:54:07] dfunked: heh you're too kind
[16:54:10] dfunked: umm
[16:54:26] dfunked: i'm just having a look atm on kits in aus...
[16:55:06] questions@xb: not gonna lie, I am gonna market being able
           to play xbox games online like crazy
[16:55:16] dfunked: hehehe
[16:55:27] dfunked: i'm just thinking how we could do the same for you
           on our site...
[16:57:01] questions@xb: between the linking and being able to market
           it, I am solid
[16:57:27] questions@xb: I mainly need higher rankings, I have llama
           to compete with
[16:57:48] questions@xb: funny enough he even purchased my guide
[16:58:11] dfunked: llama?
[16:58:25] dfunked: some rival xbox site?
[16:58:39] questions@xb: ya, but he gives his info out for free
[16:58:58] dfunked: oh i see
[16:59:27] questions@xb:
           http://www.llamma.co...irs/repairs.htm
[17:00:45] dfunked: i see...
[17:00:46] questions@xb: he's pretty much ranked #1 on google

[18:14:47] questions@xb: i'll get to writing my tutorial and when it's
           done i'll run it by you to see if it looks godd k?
[18:14:54] dfunked: yeah np

I assume that's what you were trying to sell (what you wrote in that tutorial?)

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2003, 05:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (dfunked @ Nov 1 2003, 06:28 AM)
Here's our MSN log. Nothing about you SELLING the information here...

[16:52:18] questions@xb: if it's what you need to further your
           product
[16:53:32] questions@xb: If i knew of a way also I would give you guys
           50% commissions on anyone who clicks one of the links on
           your site and purchases a guide. that way it could fund any
           future hardware requirements you guys may need
[16:54:07] dfunked: heh you're too kind
[16:54:10] dfunked: umm
[16:54:26] dfunked: i'm just having a look atm on kits in aus...
[16:55:06] questions@xb: not gonna lie, I am gonna market being able
           to play xbox games online like crazy
[16:55:16] dfunked: hehehe
[16:55:27] dfunked: i'm just thinking how we could do the same for you
           on our site...
[16:57:01] questions@xb: between the linking and being able to market
           it, I am solid
[16:57:27] questions@xb: I mainly need higher rankings, I have llama
           to compete with
[16:57:48] questions@xb: funny enough he even purchased my guide
[16:58:11] dfunked: llama?
[16:58:25] dfunked: some rival xbox site?
[16:58:39] questions@xb: ya, but he gives his info out for free
[16:58:58] dfunked: oh i see
[16:59:27] questions@xb:
           http://www.llamma.co...irs/repairs.htm
[17:00:45] dfunked: i see...
[17:00:46] questions@xb: he's pretty much ranked #1 on google

[18:14:47] questions@xb: i'll get to writing my tutorial and when it's
           done i'll run it by you to see if it looks godd k?
[18:14:54] dfunked: yeah np

I assume that's what you were trying to sell (what you wrote in that tutorial?)

I think the use of the word "market" means sell. At least in english it does.

Personally, from that strip of conversation there, it was pretty obvious what this dudes intentions were. I am going to chalk it up to inexperience with dealing with these type of folks, because its a genuine possiblity that that was what happened.

Myself, I could see it coming when he said "market" and offered money.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5