xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bo-xlink And Xbc-link  (Read 49 times)

wafflez

• Archived User
Bo-xlink And Xbc-link
« on: October 20, 2003, 05:58:00 PM »

i put Bo-XLink and xbc-link on my xbox and i can't get either to work, bo-xlink says awaiting connection...
and xbc-link starts up and thats it, i have my xbox ftp and networked to my computer so why isn't it working, i have it going through the ethernet to my computer with a crossover cable do i need to have the internet going directly to it or will it work to go through the computer.
I searched but i couldn't find any topics relating to this, sorry
thanks in advance

jz28

• Archived User
Bo-xlink And Xbc-link
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 04:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (wafflez @ Oct 20 2003, 09:58 PM)
i put Bo-XLink and xbc-link on my xbox and i can't get either to work, bo-xlink says awaiting connection...
and xbc-link starts up and thats it, i have my xbox ftp and networked to my computer so why isn't it working, i have it going through the ethernet to my computer with a crossover cable do i need to have the internet going directly to it or will it work to go through the computer.
I searched but i couldn't find any topics relating to this, sorry
thanks in advance

good thing you said sorry in advance...cuz you are a bit off...

www.xboxlink.co.uk <-- this is the site of the devs that made xlink, boxlink, and xbc-link.

First, you should know what the difference is with each one. XBC-link is nothing more than a tech demo addon to xboxconnect, the "other tunneling app" for the xbox. Team xlink created it to show what they could do, but what XBC didnt want to.

Xlink, is an app that does tunneling also, it has different features (some better, although I am biased) than Xboxconnect. Boxlink, is a remote control app that controls xlink. So you must have both installed, xlink on the pc, boxlink on a modded box. You can use just xlink by itself also, and just load games normally.

The advantage of having boxlink is that you can have xbox and pc in different rooms, and still join without running to the pc.

Please read up on the website, for further explanation, or come into our xlink forum so we can assist you further.