xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbc-link  (Read 67 times)

NightL1fe

• Archived User
Xbc-link
« on: October 07, 2003, 05:35:00 PM »

Hi just installed the XBC-LINK to my xbox and ran the xbe.. it just stays on the loading screen .. i have downloaded the latest version of XBConnect 3.3 .. and no go.. in the PC XBC i tried to scan for my xbox and says it has been found.. but the xbox XBC still on loading screen.. i have the latest version of Wincap.. from BO-Xlink and Xlink installation.. everything running smooth on that but i see soooo many players on XBC i want some action too.. but i want the XBC-LINK to work so i dont have to run up and down 2 flights of stairs to connect to a game lol..

Thanks.. NightL1fe

NightL1fe

• Archived User
Xbc-link
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 07:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (flat235 @ Oct 8 2003, 04:28 AM)
Theres a pc exe part of xbc-link too.. it comes with the xlink installer, as it uses some of the xlink libs .. *DONT* actually run xlink ... do it like this:

1.) Launch XBC - log in

2.) Launch the PC XBc-Link EXE (from start menu)

3.) Launch XBC-Link on the xbox

Also, your xbox and PC need to be on the same subnet......

TD

Ok i'm assuming your talking about Xlink 2.2.4?
And will try it out.. thanks alot flat235!

NightL1fe

• Archived User
Xbc-link
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 07:56:00 AM »

awsome! i went to my Xlink directory and found the XBCLINK.exe anyways.. ran XBconnect and logged in.. then used XBCLINK and i got passed the Load screen on the xbox wooohoo!!!  able to ping and join games. but one thing this does not have that BO-Xlink has is a launch DVD or launch game (from Hard drive) option... so after i join a game i would have to soft boot back to dashbaord and launch from there?!

Telemachus

• Archived User
Xbc-link
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2003, 07:49:00 AM »

Yea.

It isn't really practical yet, because of the delay.

It is freakin cool, though.

Have you notices you can use to to do other things, IE: show your TV capture card on your XBOX?

Cool stuff.

jz28

• Archived User
Xbc-link
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 04:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (Telemachus @ Oct 18 2003, 11:49 AM)
Yea.

It isn't really practical yet, because of the delay.

It is freakin cool, though.

Have you notices you can use to to do other things, IE: show your TV capture card on your XBOX?

Cool stuff.

amazing how skilled the dev from the other tunneling app is, huh?

xbc-link is pretty much a tech demo, I dont think TD is going to do much more with it. I think he just wanted to show you what xbc "could" have done, but didnt.