xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Xbconnect Down  (Read 278 times)

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
Xbconnect Down
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2003, 09:28:00 PM »

Strange....

dre145

• Archived User
Xbconnect Down
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2003, 01:07:00 AM »

you can buy the headset on ebay most of the time but i'll be waiting to buy the live package a little later. but best thing about Xbconnect is that me and all my friends wont all need to go out and buy the same game to play together online and then froget about it a week later.

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
Xbconnect Down
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2003, 05:05:00 AM »

you dont need a modchip to play on XBC they just dont care if you have one or not

!OG! XShadowZxX

• Archived User
Xbconnect Down
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2003, 07:19:00 AM »

Thats not true XBL kicks ass and ima ditch XBC when halo 2 comes out.

xbd|hydro

• Archived User
Xbconnect Down
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2003, 12:39:00 PM »

if any of the xbconnect team is reading this,

we can offer free dedicated hosting on one of our ded boxs in DC. i will not post our website here in respect for the xbox-scene forums.

if your interested please let us know. you may contact us by email at [email protected] or PM me on this forum.

we are strong supports of xbconnect and do not wish to see it vanish. we ask very little in return. the deal will be equally benefitial for both parties.

long live xbconnect

deleted23

• Archived User
Xbconnect Down
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2003, 01:16:00 PM »

smile.gif

enigmatl

• Archived User
Xbconnect Down
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2003, 01:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (deleted23 @ Aug 22 2003, 09:16 PM)
I paid my money for xbc (signed up for pro), so I'm prolly one of the few on this board that can bitch.... that being said, I hope it's back up soon, cos I'm really itching for some halo smile.gif

Yea you have a point.  You have more room to bitch than anyone who who didn't pay.  But I don't think anyone's bitching.  At most I've been critical of their lack of comments about the situation.  Even if you're not paying, you have to think that it's just the responsible thing to do to cme and make a comment.  But if I had paid, I would have been very ticked off and you know what?  I was debating paying too because of the features.  Honestly in the end, I probably wouldn't have but I was considering it a little.  But now, NEVER.  Especially after I have xbox live and it blows the doors off even the best tunnel protocol.

It's clear to me at this point that if we want a tunnel we can trust, someone with the skill to do so would have to release a server independant program (all it is is a match maker anyhow) that lets us do the linking ourself or perhaps plug it into AIM.  Of course that's not gona have the  value of an online type thing.  Xbconnect never did anyway though.  Not with 300 users.  That's not even a fraction of what "enough" would be.  What it would serve as is a simple birtual link cable that goes across the internet to your friends.

triggsley

• Archived User
Xbconnect Down
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2003, 02:37:00 PM »

guy on Gamespy said it would be up at 8.00 est

http://www.nokclan.c...rums/portal.php

i think he was pulling my chain

nitemare

• Archived User
Xbconnect Down
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2003, 02:55:00 PM »

xbconnect is still down as of 650PM est. i hope that guy is right..it has been down for the last 2 days now..plez come back up!!

nitemare

• Archived User
Xbconnect Down
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2003, 04:20:00 PM »

still down..xbconnect is my only choice since i have a modchip and backups. i hope it comes back up soon. can anyone tell me an irc channel# or a place to find latest info on why its down? thanks..

assmonkey

• Archived User
Xbconnect Down
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2003, 04:52:00 PM »

xbc is back up

kudos to xbc

enigmatl

• Archived User
Xbconnect Down
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2003, 05:12:00 PM »

"backups"  Interesting choice of words.

dragor

• Archived User
Xbconnect Down
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2003, 05:17:00 PM »

hey its either backup or illegal copies make up your mind which one i should use.

My xbox isn't chipped but i would llike the ability of playing Halo online.

Also would like to do the same with Halo2 when it comes out without Live if i choose.

I'll wait and see about the new dash which supposed to be implemented in sept' before i choose to chip or not.

can confirm XBC is back up and running.

Thank god - now to go and die a little more

wafflez06

• Archived User
Xbconnect Down
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2003, 06:02:00 PM »

wow its finally back up!!! i thought i was going to die if i had to wait longer!  If you wanna kill a newb look me up.  The nick is wafflez

nitemare

• Archived User
Xbconnect Down
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2003, 02:53:00 AM »

yeah..its up and working..thanks for the info..
Pages: 1 [2] 3