xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Today Is D-day Did Anyone Check To See If The New  (Read 150 times)

AnThRaX

• Archived User
Today Is D-day Did Anyone Check To See If The New
« on: August 14, 2003, 04:08:00 AM »

The update I recall was post poned toll september. And today isn't August 16 is it? The original date was August 16 and I believe thats saturday!

vidgms4me

• Archived User
Today Is D-day Did Anyone Check To See If The New
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 05:04:00 AM »

Schedule for New Xbox Live Features

Xbox Live will be down for planned maintenance at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time on August 14 for an estimated eight hours. This is part one of a four-part rollout of new Xbox Live features. Here's exactly what's coming with each part of the upgrade:

* August 14
      At 12:01 a.m. PDT, we will perform routine server maintenance to keep the service running as smoothly as possible. Despite a lot of speculation in online forums and in the press, the upgrade will begin and end on August 14.
    * August 25
      You'll see a fresh new Web site at www.xbox.com/live. This will include an option for Xbox Live subscribers to use their Gamertags to log on to a special area of the site called My Live. Here subscribers will be able to see their Friends List and the games their friends are playing on Xbox Live.
    * A few days later, you'll see the birth of XSN Sports, a Web site powered by the same technology as the new Xbox Live Web site. XSN Sports will enable Xbox Live subscribers to create leagues and tournaments for NFL Fever 2004 and other XSN Sports titles coming later this year.
    * Mid-September
      We'll release an update of the Xbox Dashboard. The new Xbox Live Dashboard, called Xbox Live Now, will give subscribers the ability to see their Friends List, see what their friends are doing, and send game invites. It will also display their stats and provide a common place to voice chat with friends before and after Xbox Live games.

A lot of great things are coming to gamers in the next few weeks on Xbox Live. Check it out! And get ready for all the hot games coming this holiday!

So xbox live is currently down. , and the dash upgrades won't start until september