xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: XLINK Or XBCONNECT  (Read 284 times)

muerte

• Archived User
XLINK Or XBCONNECT
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2003, 07:54:00 AM »

x-link is so stable... and WGN mode is amazing... you should go try it out.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
XLINK Or XBCONNECT
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2003, 12:28:00 PM »

I Have tested them all extensively. Out of all of them X-Link has proved to provide the best online experience.... for several reasons.

I did extensive research before choosing which service I wanted to go with for my ONLINE HALO TOURNAMENT.

I just happen to have an extremely fast connection but i have to admit that  none of that matters for the other players if they don't have a decent ENOUGH connection. X-Link enables people to play some games with 56k. That's incredible. No other tunnel can do this. I have tested this. While the other two tunnels either cannot start a game or lag out upon game start. X-Link is the only tunnel that will allow 56k users to play. (I wouldn't recommend this since it sucked... but nonetheless demonstrates my point.)

We all know that being able to send at high speeds does not matter if your ping to the host is high. I played a guy (we took turns hosting) with a 70ms ping (depending on who was hosting the other had that ping) which on xbconnect induces quite a bit of bullet lag. (As a matter of fact, on XBC 45-50ms ping is quite hard to pistol with.) We were able to play on X-Link almost like a lan. I say almost because every now and then there was SLIGHT bullet lag or it would momentarily skip, but compared to all the rest the gameplay was phenominal.

I have to vote X-Link hands down and declare this match NO-Contest.

sulfur

• Archived User
XLINK Or XBCONNECT
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2003, 04:25:00 PM »

^ bah. XBC = the best. i went on Xlink today for the 2nd time (1st was like 3 months ago). and well only problem is that there was only 5 halo games total.. XBC is down and only 5 games! and 3 of them were PAL so that the only thing that pissed me off about this, Xlink has the potential to be better, if they did better advertisting...

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
XLINK Or XBCONNECT
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2003, 05:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (sulfur @ Aug 22 2003, 07:25 PM)
^ bah. XBC = the best. i went on Xlink today for the 2nd time (1st was like 3 months ago). and well only problem is that there was only 5 halo games total.. XBC is down and only 5 games! and 3 of them were PAL so that the only thing that pissed me off about this, Xlink has the potential to be better, if they did better advertisting...

or if people like you would just stay in there for a while. It's a group effort. You can't just expect things to happen.

Smoochie

• Archived User
XLINK Or XBCONNECT
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2003, 08:20:00 AM »

QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Jul 24 2003, 08:07 AM)
once boxlink drops public, everyone will forget about xbconnect smile.gif

LOL yeah right cause I want to take a chance soldering a chip on my x-box or going to some grey market shadey guy and getting him to do it to find out he was busted a week later for illegally copying games on a hard drive.  

Face it unless there is a way to get to-xlink on a box without mods then there will always be more people on xbconnect.  Mainly because there are more people with unmodded boxes than modded ones.

Schweeze

• Archived User
XLINK Or XBCONNECT
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2003, 12:41:00 PM »

smoochie,

you don't have to do it yourself, and you don't have to bring it to some "grey market shadey guy"....

just bring it to someone who has a lot of positive feedback on this forum. trust me, the mod is worth it.

edit: had to add the 'e' into "shadey".. which must be a new word.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
XLINK Or XBCONNECT
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2003, 06:00:00 PM »

...... why are you even here if you dont have a chip........

and xlink is pc side and can work just like xbc.. but better, Bo-Xlink is the xbox program.

Smoochie

• Archived User
XLINK Or XBCONNECT
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2003, 06:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Aug 27 2003, 03:00 AM)
...... why are you even here if you dont have a chip........

and xlink is pc side and can work just like xbc.. but better, Bo-Xlink is the xbox program.

I am curious about what is happening and which is better.  i am interested in Bo-link if I don't have to take the lid off my box and soldier.  I am not interested in Modded games.  I am interested in good internet play.  Maybe if things were laid out better on the x-link page as to set up instructions i might be interested.  But I am not going to Beta test or speculate on Bo-link untill it is released.

Chipping to give you better game play = cheating
Chipping to get off the map and Mod the vehicles (ie flying Pumas) is understandable.

Smoochie

• Archived User
XLINK Or XBCONNECT
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2003, 09:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (flat235 @ Aug 25 2003, 10:01 PM)
There are at least 4 ways or running unsigned code an xbox without soldering... 2 dont even require you to take the lid off your xbox..

TD

So explain them I would like to know but so far I have NO idea how it works or what it's advantages.  You are still tunneling with a computer right so the only diff is you join games from the x box instead of the computer.

Ceth

• Archived User
XLINK Or XBCONNECT
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2003, 07:01:00 AM »

biggrin.gif.  I love WGN mode, what a great concept!  I hope more of the xbconnect community will do the same, xlink needs more players!

Schweeze

• Archived User
XLINK Or XBCONNECT
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2003, 11:31:00 AM »

I just might have to start using Xlink...

i gotta get my damn satellite connection first.. 56k just wont' cut it.

SNICK!

• Archived User
XLINK Or XBCONNECT
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2003, 11:48:00 AM »

yea i am a long time suppoter of xlink
and think it kicks ass! although xbconnect is good dont get me wrong but lags quite a bit nice interface though
gamespy - best interface , full of noobs who dont know nothing

x-link - no noobs lag free anmd a really nice interface

and plus i use my isdn on it flawlesly but isunberable on xbconnect and gamespy for some reason

probably xlinks just better

mvm

• Archived User
XLINK Or XBCONNECT
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2003, 08:15:00 AM »

I've used xbconnect for over a year now, in the begining it was the only choise (way better than gamespy), but lately I've been playing xlink much more.
Maybe it's because I'm european, and it's easier to find a pal-game on xlink
But I think it's because the variety of games on xlink is much bigger than on XBC (haloconnect).
The waiting is now for the first stand alone xbox aplication.

Schweeze

• Archived User
XLINK Or XBCONNECT
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2003, 10:49:00 AM »

sad.gif  can't do anything about it though.. unless i get myself a pringles can antenna to get a wireless connection from my friends house... but that's almost 3 miles away... online gaming isn't looking very good in my future. although, i'm gonna give it a shot.

King

• Archived User
XLINK Or XBCONNECT
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2003, 03:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (flat235 @ Sep 10 2003, 09:36 PM)
For example, MM3, Tony hawks and a couple of other games will be just fine with 1500ms pings... Obviously, things like Halo will be awful...

Both XLink and XBC support all these games - so give them a go smile.gif

TD

Has XBC fixed the issues with more than 2 player MM3 and MC2?
Pages: 1 [2] 3