xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: X-link Vs. Xbconnect  (Read 212 times)

anderj6

• Archived User
X-link Vs. Xbconnect
« on: June 21, 2003, 08:27:00 AM »

Sound off about why you feel one is better than the other.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
X-link Vs. Xbconnect
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2003, 08:29:00 AM »

X-link....no messing with the PC to get a game started...less lag...more people that actually want to play...can play NTSC vs Pal on all but Halo!

Ill187

• Archived User
X-link Vs. Xbconnect
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 11:58:00 PM »

I still haven't been able to forward my ports so that's a good enough reason to stick with Connect for now.

bb07

• Archived User
X-link Vs. Xbconnect
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 12:03:00 AM »

thats a easy question

xbconnect acually has people playing
while x-link games are rare 2 see

Morglum

• Archived User
X-link Vs. Xbconnect
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 12:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (chilin_dude @ Jun 21 2003, 05:29 PM)
X-link....no messing with the PC to get a game started...less lag...more people that actually want to play...can play NTSC vs Pal on all but Halo!

With x-link you DO have to mess around with forwarding your ports in your router and shit, while XBC really is install and go, no messing or anything. Untill x-link sorts that shit out it'll never be popular, took me 20mins to get sorted and once i got it sorted no one was there. XBC took 3 mins and when i logged in, it was packed full of people ready to play.

switzch

• Archived User
X-link Vs. Xbconnect
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 06:37:00 AM »

XBC really is install and go, no messing around

you still have to forward ports if you want to host.

xboxconnect is better cause there are people playing.
xbc 3.0 refreshes way faster now too, so its easier to find a game.

phantazma1

• Archived User
X-link Vs. Xbconnect
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2003, 10:39:00 AM »

i played once on xlink, and although i didn't have any lag, there were no one on it!
so, if i want to play a local friend, we'll use xlink, but if i have no one to call up, i'll
definately use xbconnect cuz a lot of people are on it (and kick my ass in Halo) but
getting killed 50-9 isn't THAT bad because it was fun.

johnney5

• Archived User
X-link Vs. Xbconnect
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2003, 01:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (phantazma1 @ Jun 24 2003, 06:39 PM)
i played once on xlink, and although i didn't have any lag, there were no one on it!
so, if i want to play a local friend, we'll use xlink, but if i have no one to call up, i'll
definately use xbconnect cuz a lot of people are on it (and kick my ass in Halo) but
getting killed 50-9 isn't THAT bad because it was fun.

Heh yea i agree..... What the fuck is up with that? How come you play with your friends and stuff and u totally OWN them, you play on xbconnect against some ppl and u get OWNT!? WTF!?! lol it always happens, my friend and i ALWAYS loose and we know we dont suck, its not like we cant aim with a pistol and toss grenades, ect. But wtf

phantazma1

• Archived User
X-link Vs. Xbconnect
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2003, 10:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (johnney5 @ Jun 24 2003, 03:57 PM)
Heh yea i agree..... What the fuck is up with that? How come you play with your friends and stuff and u totally OWN them, you play on xbconnect against some ppl and u get OWNT!? WTF!?! lol it always happens, my friend and i ALWAYS loose and we know we dont suck, its not like we cant aim with a pistol and toss grenades, ect. But wtf

i'm like a walking target on xbconnect. it's starting to lower my self esteem...hehe
it's a good thing i play halo with my friends often. i feel like god after i play them.

Ill187

• Archived User
X-link Vs. Xbconnect
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2003, 12:06:00 AM »

Bullet lag sucks on XBConnect. If I get a good game with no lag I own. But if there's even a tiny lag things go to shit.

nose

• Archived User
X-link Vs. Xbconnect
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2003, 05:46:00 AM »

XLINK
-------
"RC2 Update. Thanks to continued support from Goten and RHK Italia, we are proud to announce that RC2 will be completely "setup-free". No router configs at all. This client build will also WORK perfectly for FastWebs users - allowing them to HOST GAMES even though they are behind unconfigurable NATs."

You can download a pre alpha version... I think we may have a winner soon.. smile.gif

And, Midtown Madness 3 works 100% on Xlink, unlike XBC.

da_shiznit

• Archived User
X-link Vs. Xbconnect
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2003, 09:56:00 PM »

if you are the host it doesnt lag at all... thats for all those ppl who lose all the time wink.gif   i didnt find that out for awhile but ya biggrin.gif

phantazma1

• Archived User
X-link Vs. Xbconnect
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2003, 10:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (da_shiznit @ Jun 26 2003, 11:56 PM)
if you are the host it doesnt lag at all... thats for all those ppl who lose all the time wink.gif   i didnt find that out for awhile but ya biggrin.gif

i just found that out today. i always kill my friends ( who are quite good i might add) but in online games, i end up dying all the damn time. i hosted some games today, and i was killing guys one after another. i wish i could upgrade my connection. it feels a lot more fun when you kill the host.  smile.gif

shoup

• Archived User
X-link Vs. Xbconnect
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2003, 09:28:00 AM »

i like xbconnect, although i hate the lag and i get my ass handed to me

rgtaa

• Archived User
X-link Vs. Xbconnect
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2003, 03:34:00 PM »

What program are you using for direct ip to ip connecting?
Pages: [1] 2