xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X-2  (Read 38 times)

MorfiusX

• Archived User
X-2
« on: May 02, 2003, 07:21:00 PM »

Well, just got back from seeing X-2: Xmen United. If you are an Xmen fan or liked the first one, you must see this movie. I watch a lot of movies, and a lot of sequals. But, rerely do I ever see a sequal better than the first. This one is better. I stays more true to the large scale, world conflict of the X-Men comics. Special effects looked pretty good. Not over done like in *hack* star wars... Caracter development is balanced, sound effects good.

On the MorfiusX 1-10 scale it gets a 8.0. (only a handfull get a 9, only 1 or 2 get a 10)

One of couple of movies that I say go see this summer.

switzch

• Archived User
X-2
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 07:31:00 PM »

Just got back too.
Great movie.

Scroggie

• Archived User
X-2
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 08:03:00 PM »

Just got back also, way better than the first, jean grey is soo hot, i'd love to bang that chicky thing.  Nightcrawlers probably my fav, don't know y, he's just cool as hell.  I would love to say so much more about it, but don't wanna ruin it for anyone.  GO SEE IT!!!!

KazuyaWaruasobi

• Archived User
X-2
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2003, 08:45:00 PM »

I saw it last night. . .and it was good, but there was one thing that REALLY annoyed me. . .the Pheonix thing. This isn't really a spoiler, and if you don't know what I'm talking about, then just wait for the third movie. Anyway: they pulled the Pheonix thing out of their asses! Stupid writers!! Jean Grey Became the Pheonix as protector of the M'Kraan crystal! I didn't fucking see any giant purple crystals that controlled the universe!! Gah! I've been an X-Men fan since I was a little kid, so I'm naturally going to be pretty hard on the movies. . .but that's just bull-shit. . . :angry:  having her "Magically" become Pheonix. . .*grrrr*   <_<

This post has been edited by KazuyaWaruasobi: May 3 2003, 03:46 AM

EGOvoruhk

• Archived User
X-2
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2003, 09:01:00 PM »

This movie was deffinetely not better than the first. Bad story.

Scroggie

• Archived User
X-2
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2003, 09:17:00 PM »

okay, they goofed the story a little, which is what i thought when i watched the movie, but it was still really fun to watch.  Just cause its not the same thing doesn't mean its bad.  I thought jean became the pheonix like a long time after where they are now int he story.  They made it like DBZ, like she leveled up or somethin ss like.  didn't quite understand that, but it's still cool.  Y isn't rouge flying yet, thought she flew by now.  Should we start guessing who they are gonna bring in during the next one.  Jubilee maybe?, Gambit hopefully, jaugernaut.  Maybe they'll even bring in the sentinals.  Can someone please explain Apacolypse to me.  wasn't he like indestructable and invincible, it's been so long since i've watched xmen, this stuff gets me so excited cause of the time i spent watching it during my childhood, i could fill a cup or somethin.

EGOvoruhk

• Archived User
X-2
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2003, 09:31:00 PM »

If comics teach you anything, it's that no one is invincible and no one stays dead. Rouge can't fly because she didn't steal the power from Marvel Girl (or whatever her name is). I don't know how they will fit that in there. This movie should be called uncanny x-men or something, because it's nothing like the original comic. The first one was off, but this one is waaaaay off.

mr jones

• Archived User
X-2
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2003, 11:26:00 PM »

As a movie, I enjoyed it.  It was MUCH better than the first, which just irratated me.  Storm (Halle....OOOOH Halle... :luv:) isn't trying to do that silly accent, everyone shows off their powers well, Magneto still is DA MAN, Collossus (spelling?) gets his 5 seconds of fame, and Nightcrawler is the quiet showstopper of the film.   Also, is it me, or is this movie sorta on the violent side?  Don't get me wrong, I LOVED it, (sadistic, I know) but this movie just followed my whole distaste with hollywood's hypicritical acceptance of violence, yet shunning of sexual display for folks under 17.  But that's another topic altogether...

I don't follow the comics as much as my friend who I went to see the movie with, so I didn't have the complaints that he did.  Other than the climax feeling a bit...underwhelming, I thought the movie was fun, and definitely worth seeing.

Scroggie - if you watch the movie again, I think that the girl that sits next to Xavier near the very end of the movie is Jubilee.  She's wearing the bangles n' everything...

This post has been edited by mr jones: May 3 2003, 06:27 AM

Zain

• Archived User
X-2
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2003, 11:28:00 PM »

Come on guys, the film wasnt that great and it was FAR TOO LONG! without a doubt, i nearly fell asleep in the last 20 mins. The fact is, as all u yanks love comics when u come to watch the film u are gonna love it regardless, thankfully us british have a far higher regard for quality which not only explains why we can see through this boring film, but also how we have invented everything decent in this world... :P

mr jones

• Archived User
X-2
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2003, 11:50:00 PM »

Before you group all of us All-Mighty Americans together into one big fanboyish, comic-crazed glee club,  Let me say that I did not like the first X-Men movie, Spiderman didn't do much for me, My date enjoyed Daredevil more than I did, and I hated every Batman movie after the first one.

I agree again, that the climax wasn't all that, and yes, after that, the movie seems to sorta run out of steam, but everything before that for me was entertaining.  On its own merits, the movie is a good action flick, with lots of decent special effects, beautiful people (I really dig chicks who can affect the weather, or has scaly blue skin :)), and is worth the average moviegoer's time.

But I'll say this...
Its truly a sign of armageddon, when the movie I truly want to see, has Keanu Reeves of all people, as the lead character.  :huh:
I still say that someone has changed history, switched some people around, and Keanu ended up getting the role of his carreer, while the guy who is obviously more talented, more cultured, and more fitting for the role, ended up doing the "dude, you got a Dell!" commercials. :lol:

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
X-2
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2003, 12:39:00 AM »

I think some people forget.. that you can't condense 25-30+ years of X-MEN comics (only the CHRIS CLAREMONT written stuff was any good anyways) into 1-2 hours of movies.

Stuff has to be altered, truncated.. and changed for brevity.

I haven't seen X2 yet.. got it on the Hard drive.. haven't decide to view it yet.. or go see it this weekend.  But from what I saw in the First X-MEN movies.. they made an admirable effort to tell us a reasonable story, given the time contraints.

MorfiusX

• Archived User
X-2
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2003, 07:17:00 AM »

OK, I don't buy/read/anything comic books. Most Comics mad into movies are crap. (A.K.A. Spiderman) I still really enjoyed the movie. It's like reading a book. You read a really great book. They make it a movie. And, the movie doesn't live up to your expectations. Except, this is a "book" that spans 30 years. Of course stuff is gonna be left out. Things are going to be re-arranged. If you want to see a carbon copy of the comics, then don't go. But, if you want to see a good movie based off the movie, it's a must see.

Just my humble opinion.

Beastie_

• Archived User
X-2
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2003, 07:24:00 AM »

Xmen2.SUBBED-ESOSTERiC

:jester: