xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: This Jus A Rumor?  (Read 64 times)

TMG8

• Archived User
This Jus A Rumor?
« on: April 27, 2003, 10:54:00 PM »

wink.gif sorry for all the blabing and stuff its been awhile since ive played or even talked about that game

Xeero

• Archived User
This Jus A Rumor?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 10:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (Seye @ Apr 28 2003, 02:49 AM)
I was playing on XBOX PSO Live.. and some dude told me that soon, they will be implementing a patch, that bans any xbox user, just for having their xbox modded... even if they dont rbing it oneline..

u think this is just a rumor... or a posibility that may soon occur?

his reasoning behind this is that people can hack game saves offline, and then bring those files online, like in pso.

I can't see how they would do this.  Check for a device on the LPC points?  Then I guess all switched Enigmah users get on for free, eh?  I forget if the PC BIOXX is LPC or not, but I know that can be switched, too.

Anyway, I wouldn't expect they would do this.  It would be stupid.  The users can't use cheats while connecting.  Why are they going to knock themselves out trying to figure out how to ban users who are not wronging the network?

shanafan

• Archived User
This Jus A Rumor?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 11:09:00 PM »

I was playing on XBOX PSO Live.. and some dude told me that soon, they will be implementing a patch, that bans any xbox user, just for having their xbox modded... even if they dont rbing it oneline..

Remember the "old" saying? Don't believe too much in what you hear on the Internet?

TMG8

• Archived User
This Jus A Rumor?
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2003, 11:22:00 PM »

wink.gif i remember falling for some crazy stories...

there will be people telling you they will bann you and junk soon after they will! have the ability to do it its happend to me back in the day.... lots of jack a$$es out there

jaxxmanuk

• Archived User
This Jus A Rumor?
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 03:18:00 AM »

Have to agree that one smells like shite

As long as you don't try to go online with your XBOX modded (X2 Pro comes with a switch) they can't ban you.

MS shouldn't mind because you have to buy an original game to play online with so they got us by the balls there.

For Now

andreo

• Archived User
This Jus A Rumor?
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 04:30:00 PM »

That's what Sega gets for keeping the player data on the local console. They are just asking for things like this to happen. Imagine if in Mech Assault (or any other game) if the player rankings were kept on the local machine. Everyone would have hundreds of thousands of kills after a week or so.
You would think that for 9 bucks a month they would store the player data for you on their own servers. Things like this isn't possible with Everquest because no data is kept on the players console.