xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Playing Pso Offline  (Read 40 times)

Alkane

• Archived User
Playing Pso Offline
« on: April 15, 2003, 12:22:00 PM »

There was a crack for the Japanese version, I'm sure somewhere on the net there is a new one for the US.  Mabey the Japanese crack will work for the US version, who knows...

Xeero

• Archived User
Playing Pso Offline
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2003, 12:24:00 PM »

You could always compare the original and cracked default.xbe files from the JAP version and look at the difference (cracked contains F.A.K.E...G.A.M.E.R.T.A.G in the file) and apply the different to the same location of the original US default.xbe.  It may not work, but it might...and a crack will eventually be released.

EDIT:  I should note that I normally do not condone scene release cracks, but I think it is ridiculous in this case to have to maintain a Live account just to play a game yourself.  If you paid for the game, you should be able to play the game by yourself, if you'd like, without paying additional fees.

buddha2k3

• Archived User
Playing Pso Offline
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 12:31:00 PM »

Yeah, Im itchin to go out and buy the game..but I just need  a way to play it offline..heh.. I would try what you suggested, but i have no clue on how I would search through an .XBE file..  Perhaps I should just wait around for the patch to be release..sigh.....  or i guess I could try to find and purchase a japanese version