xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error 06  (Read 74 times)

bombzhome

• Archived User
Error 06
« on: March 14, 2003, 06:33:00 PM »

Hi, i have done the most stupidest thing in the world when i flashed my EEPROM i didnt unlock my hard drive so when i flashed it and then rebooted it i got Error 21...IS THERE ANY WAY TO FIX THIS? I cant even play my ORIGINAL xbox games! I have a Matrix Mod-Chip therefore i cant use the tutorial in the tutorial section in Xbox-Scene about restoring your EEPROM becuz i need to have a 512KB BIOS or bigger, but Matrix only has 256KB. COULD ANYONE PLEASE HELP!?!?!?!?

Marmite

• Archived User
Error 06
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 06:45:00 PM »

you should be able to boot with evox, as it doesn't require a locked drive, but I'll assume you already tried that. If you locked the HD with Config Magic Final, you should be able to unlock it in the PC with the mastercode TEAMASSEMBLY. Search download.com for unlocking utils. Good luck.

fatbastard911

• Archived User
Error 06
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2003, 09:16:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

bombzhome

• Archived User
Error 06
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2003, 04:54:00 AM »

my bad....i didnt get Error 21...I GOT ERROR 6 which is EVEN WORSE!

emailer33

• Archived User
Error 06
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2003, 09:07:00 AM »

tongue.gif.

bombzhome

• Archived User
Error 06
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2003, 04:40:00 PM »

couldnt i just use one xbox..borrow my friends old xbox hard drive....install it in my xbox...install config magic on it...when it loads up switch the hard drive back to my old broken one (unpluggin the IDE and Power Cable from one drive and putting it in the other) and then unlock my hard drive so that it works??? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

emailer33

• Archived User
Error 06
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2003, 05:13:00 PM »

well if the HDD is still locked with the old code, no.  in fact, if you don'ot have your old EEPROM and never used configmagic on the HDD.  if your old HDD key is still on it, you're SCREWED.  sorry to be harsh, but it's the truth.

bombzhome

• Archived User
Error 06
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2003, 06:14:00 PM »

I have the original HDD key and eeprom on my PC

fatbastard911

• Archived User
Error 06
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2003, 08:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (emailer33 @ Mar 16 2003, 01:13 AM)
well if the HDD is still locked with the old code, no.  in fact, if you don'ot have your old EEPROM and never used configmagic on the HDD.  if your old HDD key is still on it, you're SCREWED.  sorry to be harsh, but it's the truth.

nah, it works cause i had to do it once, from a v1.0 to a v1.1 box!

emailer33

• Archived User
Error 06
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2003, 07:25:00 AM »

no i mean if he didn't have his original eeprom and he never used configmagic on it (so there's no master pw set), there's no way of getting the HDD working again.  and bombz home, what app did you use to write your eeprom?

bombzhome

• Archived User
Error 06
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2003, 10:12:00 AM »

EEPROMER!

Marmite

• Archived User
Error 06
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2003, 05:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (fatbastard911 @ Mar 15 2003, 12:16 AM)
if u want to @#! up ur hard drive use the TEAMASSEMBLY master code with hdunlock app that runs with dos. I !@# mine up seriously where I had to go buy a new one.
First off the TEAMASSEMBLY password will be accepted under "Unlock with Master Password" screen in the ATAPWD program and all will seem fine. Until your hard drive cannot be unlocked or locked.
My very best suggestion is that u must get a friend w/ a modchip to boot up their xbox with their hard drive working and connected. Boot up your xbox with only the power cable connected. Your friend must boot up Configmagic (preferably) final and leave the xbox at the orange blinking screen. Then with your powered up xbox hard drive or whatever hard drive you have locked, unhook your friends IDE cable that is runnning directly from their xbox, and plug in your xbox while having your xbox's power cable still be connected to it. Configmagic final will still be running. Now press start and you'll reach the screen configmagic runs off of. It should say your model of your xbox's hard drive, the dvd-rom drive in the xbox and hdd password. JOT DOWN THE HDD PASSWORD!!!!! press start and select "Unlock Hardrive." DO NOT LOCK IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS XBOX CAUSE IT WILL LOCK TO THEIR XBOX!!!!!
NOW power them both of and boot your newly unlocked Harddrive on ur xbox.
THIS is useful for anyone who has lost their xbox's password and cannot recover, I have done and tested this perfectly alot of times cause my xbox had a bad solder splash on the xbox chip and I did not have any password cause I thought to highly of Configmagic. We'll like I say use the Master password "Teamassembly" on a program such as ATAPWD which is provided in the toolz section of www.xbox-scene.com and see how it can F##K up your xbox too.
Carefull not to rip the IDE CABLE When both Xbox's are running, And the IDE cable only needs to be plugged into your friend's xbox to get it working - to get configmagic final to run, not ur own xbox.
Good luck!!!!!! (Takes a deep breath) beerchug.gif

thats a really good idea.

TB_88

• Archived User
Error 06
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2003, 12:33:00 PM »

sleeping.gif  ...

bombzhome

• Archived User
Error 06
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2003, 12:52:00 PM »

i have tried that but it wont let me...maybe its my computer!

bombzhome

• Archived User
Error 06
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2003, 05:49:00 PM »

Anyone else have anything to say....? I havent tried what fatbastard911 has said becuz dont u have to unplug the hard drive power cable when u hook up your hard drive to your friends xbox..and do the 2 xboxs need to be hooked up to each other?