xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Connect & Hd Games  (Read 59 times)

davidhes

• Archived User
Xbox Connect & Hd Games
« on: February 21, 2003, 09:11:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

shanafan

• Archived User
Xbox Connect & Hd Games
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 09:31:00 PM »

Yes, you can. XBConnect allows the use of backups to play via system link games

davidhes

• Archived User
Xbox Connect & Hd Games
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 11:24:00 PM »

Thanks shanafan! I dunno if ill be able to even get on xbconnect though i decided id lug my xbox upstairs so i can netwrok to my cpu (I dont have a long enough cat5 cable) so i plugged here in she was on the netwrok on evox i turned on a game halo then opened up xbconnect and it would not detect my xbox but i think the problem is it said it was trying to connect to 192.168.0.2 and it should have been trying to connect to 192.168.0.3 thats what its configured to on my network but i couldnt figure out how to change the ip on xbconnect any answers for me?

davidhes

• Archived User
Xbox Connect & Hd Games
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2003, 01:37:00 PM »

Ahh thanks for that man but thats not what i was talking about (I already new how to do that 2) i was actually talking about changing the ip in xbconnect cos its trying to connect to 192.168.0.2 but my xbox is configured to 192.168.0.3 as my computer is 192.168.0.2 so yeh.

tourist

• Archived User
Xbox Connect & Hd Games
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2003, 05:33:00 AM »

hey,

first, how is your xbox connected to your pc? are you using a router? do you have 2 ethernet cards in your internet pc?

I have 2 cards in my pc. I have the ethernet card with my cable modem hooked to it, and then I got another ethernet card and used a crossover cable to connect my xbox to that one. you then have to go to settings> control panel> network> choose the ethernet card with your xbox hooked up to it from the liist ( tcp/ip) and then specify the ip address 192.168.0.1 and  a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0... reboot

should be good to go after that. I started using xbconnect a couple of days ago and it is pretty cool. one thing, I thought I was good because I've been kicking my friends butts through system link. I got on xbconnect and got schooled! it was fun though.]

later