xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Eeprom Editing?  (Read 100 times)

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
Eeprom Editing?
« on: January 04, 2003, 02:04:00 AM »

PSYYCHO!!!  LOL.  you crazy bastard!  i told you, if there's a flag on your hard drive, and you've been banned, and change the eeprom and go on xbox live again, even without a mod, you will get that banned too!

Am I not right, shanafan.

PsYYchO

• Archived User
Eeprom Editing?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2003, 02:49:00 AM »

thats what i thought, thanks alot for the help.  kiss my ass armageddeon

Kickace1616

• Archived User
Eeprom Editing?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2003, 02:53:00 AM »

hehe

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
Eeprom Editing?
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2003, 10:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (Kickace1616 @ Jan 4 2003, 09:39 AM)
PSYYCHO!!! LOL. you crazy bastard! i told you, if there's a flag on your hard drive, and you've been banned, and change the eeprom and go on xbox live again, even without a mod, you will get that banned too!

ur wrong actually. if he changes his eeprom to VALID UNBANNED INFO & then TURNS OFF HIS MOD - he won't get banned again.

there are no flags on the hd or nobody could replace/change eeproms & get unbanned!!!! if ur banned, just replace the eeprom with a unbanned eeprom or change the banned eeprom with valid unbanned info.

hmm....that would mean the flag is set in the eeprom?  that's the only way it would make sense based on what you're saying.

can you confirm that?

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
Eeprom Editing?
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2003, 11:27:00 AM »

if that is true, how very convenient of MS to do that for us.

dkoikadabra

• Archived User
Eeprom Editing?
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2003, 11:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (ArMaGeDdOn @ Jan 4 2003, 05:04 AM)

Uhhh... shanafan is some kind of expert all of a sudden because he knows how to copy and paste "nope, not possible"?
I mean, he's ok and all, but he's not any kind of expert, and he's only known because he spams quite a bit. I'd rather ask Opjose... he still replies to PMs if you give him a day.

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
Eeprom Editing?
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2003, 11:41:00 AM »

yes, i know.  opjose is my chosen god.  but me and shanafan joined around the same date, so i know him from over a month ago, and he read all the same reports that i did, so i trust him to an extent.

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Eeprom Editing?
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2003, 11:47:00 AM »

NO FLAGS ARE SET GOD DAMN IT. They ban your key down at ms' side

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
Eeprom Editing?
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2003, 11:54:00 AM »

wait, wait.  opjose reported there were flags.  unless something came up while i was gone, there are flags set.

dkoikadabra

• Archived User
Eeprom Editing?
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2003, 12:10:00 PM »

Well, here's the PM in response, quoted in verbatim....
Hey there, Opjose. Got a few questions for your holiness to answer, and they're about *evil music in background* modchips and XBox Live (or Live!.... sheesh).
A while back, you stated in a post that when the XBLive server detects a modchip, it sets some sort of 'flag' on your computer (I remember you stating that it's nowhere on the HDD... i.e. not a file). You then stated that as long as you didn't drop to the MS Dashboard, the 'flag' wouldn't be tripped, and you could continue to log onto XBLive, even with the modchip enabled. Did you ever verify it? Is it true?
I'm thinking of buying XBLive, but I do NOT want to drag any original disc out for any reason. It was too much to buy the damn things once, and I do not want a second, third, or fourth time in which I have to buy them because of scuffs and scratches. Hence, my interest in the answer to this question. Just wanted to let you know I'm not some lame pirate just trying to get on Live! with illegal copies.
Any answer would be apprieciated. God knows how many PMs you get a day.

The exact mechanisms were unknown originally.

The initial XBLive software did not detect the mod.

After the final release, ALL Xboxes got a new dashboard update, and update to XBLive that redirects YOUR Xbox to their new servers.

With the required update in place your mod chip gets detected by the XBLive software upon ANY connection attempt and your machine "reports in" within the first milliseconds of the connection attempt that you have a mod chip.

The server logs this. When the servers get around to it, they eventually ban your machine.

So as long as you NEVER establish an XBLive connection with the mod chip turned on, you are ok.

But that in itself is a problem, as there are many ways to accidentally screw up and get banned again. Ugh.

Well, there's your answer.

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
Eeprom Editing?
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2003, 12:20:00 PM »

ah, ok.  that's good news.  thanks for posting that pm here.  smile.gif

dkoikadabra

• Archived User
Eeprom Editing?
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2003, 12:26:00 PM »

and it's dkoikadabra, Armageddon.... not dkodsdfasnm =-)

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
Eeprom Editing?
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2003, 01:05:00 PM »

it's not dekooiboi, it's spam.  tongue.gif

undead

• Archived User
Eeprom Editing?
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2003, 02:17:00 PM »

yes lots of people have done it.. Shanafan posted a while back he changed an eeprom from "PAL Region4" to "NTSC Region1" and is now playing xbox live with that eeprom..

good enough for u ?

shanafan

• Archived User
Eeprom Editing?
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2003, 02:39:00 PM »

Yup, I sure as hell did that and it still works great!
Pages: [1] 2