xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Accessing Ms Dashboard Will Modchip On  (Read 56 times)

shanafan

• Archived User
Accessing Ms Dashboard Will Modchip On
« on: December 14, 2002, 08:19:00 PM »

What is the deal with this? I thought that going to the MS dashboard w/ modchip on WITHOUT accessing Live was dangerous. Something about setting flags? But, what about people who have an Enigmah and did not put EvolutionX onto their HD? If they just want to play backups without using Live, they still will access the MS dash.

Thoughts?

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2002, 09:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Dec 15 2002, 03:19 AM)
What is the deal with this? I thought that going to the MS dashboard w/ modchip on WITHOUT accessing Live was dangerous. Something about setting flags? But, what about people who have an Enigmah and did not put EvolutionX onto their HD? If they just want to play backups without using Live, they still will access the MS dash.

Thoughts?

No. The dash itself doesn't activate the detection or XBLive code.

If however you hit the XBLive TAB, then an immediate connection is attempted while you are viewing the animation. This is what gets you banned.

Bottom line. NEVER run the updated XBLive dash with the mod chip on for safety.

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2002, 09:56:00 PM »

yup i made the mistake, i was on the phone with tech support and i wanted my xbox on fast so he wouldnt suspect a second dfash and i accidently went to the live tab without turning off the chip and 2 days later bam no more live. Thanks to kickace thats changed though

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2002, 10:18:00 PM »

Bottom line. NEVER run the updated XBLive dash with the mod chip on for safety.

Yeah, but still, that doesn't solve my question. What about people w/o EvolutionX? Is the best method for them just to install the EvolutionX to avoid this?

EDIT: Wait, did you mean the Xbox Live portion of the dash, or the whole MS dash?

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2002, 10:44:00 PM »

Ok, makes sense. BUT, what about the issue of unplugging your RJ cable and accessing the Live tab? Is that related to the perhaps flags issue?

fatbastard911

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2002, 01:49:00 PM »

I hit the dash many, many tmes with modchip on - cause i boot evox off of cd, and this has ben for weeks now and still no ban. I've been banned once and it only took ms one day so I know the routine. As much as i can say, you should be safe in the updated dashboard w/ your modchip on. I've tested it and my bro had actually hit the xbl tab and went through the connectivity w/ Xecuter modchip switched on (all green lights - strange~) and still no ban.....

It seems like my mod with the switch, how I had built it, switches off when entering MS updated dash and so forth. I even went to the extreme and played a backup and switched my mod off in evox and began the XBL game, but in this case I did not try to connect online through the game cause that's just plain out stupid.....

muhaha.gif

fatbastard911

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2002, 01:51:00 PM »

And i should say when i was banned it happened when XBL had came out November 15th, but not since...

muhaha.gif

LinksAwakening

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2002, 06:24:00 PM »

yup i made the mistake, i was on the phone with tech support and i wanted my xbox on fast so he wouldnt suspect a second dfash and i accidently went to the live tab without turning off the chip and 2 days later bam no more live. Thanks to kickace thats changed though

FUZZY, do you mean that you got unbanned? If so, how?

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2002, 06:26:00 PM »

He changed his eeprom