xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Rogers Cable And Ghost Recon  (Read 31 times)

Pure Hype

• Archived User
Rogers Cable And Ghost Recon
« on: December 09, 2002, 10:03:00 AM »

Having trouble finding games in Ghost Recon.  

I had called Rogers cable to find out if there was a problem with my internet service.  They checked the line and there were no probs.  Ping was around 55 ms.  My Xbox reports ping at 102ms.  I had a chat with MS, and found out there is a problem with the game.   Not sure if this is new or old news, but anyway.  I have included some of the chat session below.

Chris Do you have any questions about the Xbox?
Pure Hype Yes, and Xbox Live. Common prob, can't find games in Ghost Recon.
Chris Is this in Optimatch or Quickmatch?
Pure Hype ISP, says the line is fine. But I know thousands of Canadians are having trouble. Opti and Quick.
Pure Hype I am able to get into a game if someone invites me, but even then it's not a sure thing.
Chris Thank you. We are aware of this issue. It is mostly caused by the fact that to ensure an optimum game experience we have filters in place to eliminate poorly performing game sessions from your choice of available games. Because of the fantastic response we have seen on Xbox Live, we are experiencing slight delays in this filtering process. Once the QuickMatch or Optimatch results are displayed please wait a few seconds before making a selection. This will allow our filters to remove any games that are experiencing latency issues. The list may or may not change.
Pure Hype Problem is the list is blank... NO games to join. If I create a game, it also seems like no one can join. In the Xbox Live settings, my ping is usually around the 100ms mark. Too high?
Chris As I've explained, the problem is the filters for the game being set too high. This causes games poor connections to be filtered out. That probably why you cannot see games. This is something that our Technicians are looking into right now and hope to fix soon.

shanafan

• Archived User
Rogers Cable And Ghost Recon
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2002, 12:49:00 PM »

Seems like Rogers isn't with it with online gaming. I remember when the network adaptor came out for PS2, people with Rogers had trouble with getting online and things didn't work probably.