xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Called Ms And Told Them I Had A Chip....  (Read 232 times)

pride

• Archived User
Called Ms And Told Them I Had A Chip....
« on: November 20, 2002, 10:19:00 AM »

while your at it, go to the fbi and scream "HANDCUFF ME I VIOLATE THE DMCA!!!" laugh.gif

niceguy25

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2002, 10:22:00 AM »

What are they going to do arrest me, fine me.  Believe me, they dont want the publicity.  If they did that, and it leaked to the media, everyone with xbox live and a modded xbox would either a) get rid of live or cool.gif get rid of the xbox and all games.  Trust me, i would bet they would get rid of live.

AC Slater

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2002, 10:24:00 AM »

Did you happen to read the EULA for your Xbox and Xbox Live?  Didn't think so.  The EULA gives them the right to ban Xbox's and give no refunds if they desire.

Questioner

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2002, 10:28:00 AM »

XBC and GS allow for voice chat for many games.

niceguy25

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2002, 10:29:00 AM »

there you go, even a better reason to get rid of live... THANKS!!!

0rbital

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2002, 10:36:00 AM »

I just got done trying XBConnect with UC and Ghost Recon and I was impressed.   They were both lag free.  Didn't try the headset.

niceguy25

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2002, 10:40:00 AM »

Thanks orbiter.... This is just the beggining to show everyone that live is a scam, and they are only wanting you to join so they can moderate piracy. Sure they are fast connections and blah blah blah, but free games compared to 69.99 for the live and 89.99 a game... DOES NOT COMPARE, it is that simple.

adamkd

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2002, 11:08:00 AM »

Did you happen to read the EULA for your Xbox and Xbox Live? Didn't think so. The EULA gives them the right to ban Xbox's and give no refunds if they desire.

Well he made a mistake in admitting it, but otherwise you could get your money back. Don't call M$ tho just call your credit card company and do a chargeback. MS will not be able to defend it cause you payed for a year of service and you are not getting what you payed for.

upstatenyguy22

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2002, 11:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (adamkd @ Nov 20 2002, 06:08 PM)
Did you happen to read the EULA for your Xbox and Xbox Live? Didn't think so. The EULA gives them the right to ban Xbox's and give no refunds if they desire.

Well he made a mistake in admitting it, but otherwise you could get your money back. Don't call M$ tho just call your credit card company and do a chargeback. MS will not be able to defend it cause you payed for a year of service and you are not getting what you payed for.

That would be interesting to see, actually.  I mean technically, you paid for the live kit, mic, disc, etc., and get a year's subscription to live "free" when you buy the kit.  I think you may be able to get your money back, but it would probably take some back and forth with the cc company.

mzenone

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2002, 11:21:00 AM »

How is live a scam? you pay 50 bucks to play online- honestly you just sound bitter......you steal software, youre a thief....the more and more i read these forums, its filled with its share of hackers and wanna be hackers- sell your xbox and buy a ps2,

mzenone

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2002, 11:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (niceguy25 @ Nov 20 2002, 05:40 PM)
Thanks orbiter.... This is just the beggining to show everyone that live is a scam, and they are only wanting you to join so they can moderate piracy. Sure they are fast connections and blah blah blah, but free games compared to 69.99 for the live and 89.99 a game... DOES NOT COMPARE, it is that simple.

and where are you getting these prices?

kkattfish

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2002, 11:24:00 AM »

iamwithstupid.gif   why would anybody want to sale their xbox for a ps2??

mzenone

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2002, 11:27:00 AM »

it was a joke, and as far as the console war goes ps2 will win- I dont want it to, but it will..... rolleyes.gif

kkattfish

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2002, 11:28:00 AM »

not in my mind.

mzenone

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2002, 11:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (kkattfish @ Nov 20 2002, 06:28 PM)
not in my mind.

i would love to think that xbox would win the console war, unfortunetly, its pretty much in the bag .....on another note, i like the xbox better, its a great system, i hardly use my ps2....
Pages: [1] 2