xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Please Read And Respond...  (Read 50 times)

emoney

• Archived User
Please Read And Respond...
« on: November 19, 2002, 07:45:00 PM »

bump

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002, 08:02:00 PM »

If you got a 60 (50 gig is a very uncommon HD size) gig HD, 15 imaged Xbox games won't fit on it, or will barely fit. I suggest getting a 80 gig or 120 gig. A normal imaged Xbox game is like 3-5 gigs.

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2002, 08:48:00 PM »

shanafan, another dumbass response??

wtf man.  i have 33 games on my hard drive, and they all come to 78 gigs.  that means that 15 games on average will be around, or lower than, 40gb.  

also, there are MANY MANY games that are around the 800mb to 1.5gb range.  there are lots like that.  it all depends on what he has.  please, remember to post the other side of things too.  n00bies can get very confused.  they're depending on your answer, so be careful in what you say.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2002, 08:52:00 PM »

I said IMAGED. Do you know what an IMAGED game is?

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2002, 09:20:00 PM »

Who is more ignorant, that is the question...PillMonster or Shanafan?

Um ok....at least I am not filling this board with the f-word

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2002, 09:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Nov 20 2002, 03:52 AM)
I said IMAGED. Do you know what an IMAGED game is?

DUMBASS = YOU!

IMAGE EQUALS AN EXACT COPY OF A CD OR DVD!  RIGHT?  AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN!!!

for fucks sake you're dumb.  why don't you listen to people and learn a thing or two? and also, don't spread your "wisdom" to others.

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2002, 09:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Nov 20 2002, 04:20 AM)
Who is more ignorant, that is the question...PillMonster or Shanafan?

Um ok....at least I am not filling this board with the f-word

but i AM!  cuz when i look at you, thats all i see!

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2002, 09:23:00 PM »

for fucks sake you're dumb. why don't you listen to people and learn a thing or two? and also, don't spread your "wisdom" to others.

Sigh.

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2002, 09:29:00 PM »

nevermind him.  he thinks it's cool and pro to call a non-ripped game an image.

basically it's any non-ripped game.  like when you rent a game and dump it to your hard drive with hddloader.  if the game is missing some movies or sounds, it is called a rip.  groups do that to decrease game sizes for easier and faster sharing.

you'll be fine with anywhere from 10 to 20 games on a 40gb hard drive.  so, figure how that will be with a 60gb drive.  i mean, game sizes differ.  games like unreal championship are 800mb, and then you have metal gear solid 2, which is 6.8gb.  so, games can differ significantly.  but on average, you'll be able to fit 15 to 20 games on a 40gb drive.

uhmm....yeah.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2002, 09:32:00 PM »

if the game is missing some movies or sounds

Movies and sounds are never missing from any "copy" of a game, they are downsized. The closest thing I saw to a "missing" video was the digest movie from Shenmue 2. It was downsized so much, it was unwatchable.

andreo

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2002, 09:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Nov 19 2002, 11:23 PM)
for fucks sake you're dumb. why don't you listen to people and learn a thing or two? and also, don't spread your "wisdom" to others.

Sigh.

Geeze, X-S should have a PPV fight with you two as the main attraction.
Oh, nevermind the DSS people would just fix it so that everyone could see it free anyway.  smile.gif

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2002, 09:35:00 PM »

nah andreo.  i decided to ignore him from now on.  he's just not worth it.  i've seen what he says and how he acts.  too much like a child.  let's see if he gets tired of it on his own.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2002, 09:38:00 PM »

nah andreo. i decided to ignore him from now on. he's just not worth it. i've seen what he says and how he acts. too much like a child. let's see if he gets tired of it on his own.

HAHA! What GREAT laugh! I have seen how you act around here. If someone says something that you didn't like to hear, you call them a fucking dumbass and tell them to go fuck themselves. And other times, you just swear about this and that. You are the child, not me.

emoney

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2002, 10:03:00 PM »

smile.gif  (I didn't mod my ps2, i used the knife trick, and I backed up my games so they wouldnt' get scratched wink.gif )

I could just copy my games with primo right onto a dvd-r and it would work right??

I have an xbox already and it's on live, so I wouldn't go online with the new modded one untill the dust clears and it's ok'd smile.gif

so what is the best mod chip?? i was thinkin about the xodus??  or is there anywhere I could buy an 80gb pre-chipped xbox online (for cheap money, but warrantee that it's not gonna be broken when i get it!)

actually, is there any reason for a larger hdd if I can easily just put my games on dvd-r?  btw what program burns dvd iso's?

or maybe I should get a 40 or 60 gb hdd....