xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: How To Play Backups Online!  (Read 275 times)

donald_wong_oohay

• Archived User
How To Play Backups Online!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2002, 11:47:00 AM »

I'm at work, so I can't IRC.  Is there a tutorial on how to make a multibin bios?  I can make my own if I had the instructions.

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2002, 11:48:00 AM »

is that 4304 or 4034????  i'm confused.

donald_wong_oohay

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2002, 12:00:00 PM »

Found something in the tutorials.  Is this how I would make a multi-bin bios?

copy /b bios1.bin + bios2.bin dualbios.bin

_SNooZE_

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2002, 12:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (niceguy167 @ Nov 19 2002, 06:59 PM)
Ok these methods are great except for one problem.... I am not sure about one thing though. When you are going onto live are you using the origional bios or a modded one. I dont see how you can run a backup without a mod cause your backups are running unsecure code.

AKA (unsigned)
I am also on the backlist. I was at first playing with some of these typs of things you are talking about. however i actually never made it on live and got that error one about not being able to connect. I.E. i know that it detected my mod. I thought i was invisable cause i could disabled the mod chip and was able to get onto live. So i left it disabled. Now i cannot get on live anymore sad.gif i always get the xbl not found. So i am curious i guess how this works if you go on to live running the origional bios and you are somehow tricking xbox live and your getting online then maybe this will be a good method. however i am sure that now you , (everyone has posted) this
then this method will no longer work. I am sure we are fighting a battle just like dss. Those people are always trying to battle dss. I would like to know if you can still get on live in like 5+ days.

anyways let me know if i am wrong or if someone knows more info on this thanks

smile.gif

nice guy when u use my method u the switch on so its modded n its at the evox dash, then while the tray is open u turn the switch off so its on original bios, then u close the tray n it will boot up a copied game with original bios. hope that helps u

niceguy167

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2002, 12:29:00 PM »

ok so basicley when you play live you are using a origional bios running a copied game... (ok helps alittle bit) one more thing though. According to you your running the game off the hd.. Isn't that dectable too. Since you are running off of hd and not DVD. or cd as the case may be. ( i will be impressed if this actually works and lasts for longer than like 3-4 days

donald_wong_oohay

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2002, 12:31:00 PM »

It sounds like this will only work if the mod-chip detection works by checking the BIOS in ROM.  If MS ever decides to check the BIOS code in RAM, then we're screwed yet again.

gamer4ever

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2002, 12:36:00 PM »

Where do I download the rar you talked about?  Is there anyway to flash the TSOP with the x-ecuter chip?

chaos123

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2002, 12:40:00 PM »

Snooze when are u on irc ? on #xbinx now cant find u

Skunky

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2002, 12:47:00 PM »

ph34r.gif This won't work if your xbox has already been banned...correct? ph34r.gif

ADebar

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2002, 01:22:00 PM »

does it work for games off the hdd or not?

_SNooZE_

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2002, 01:38:00 PM »

i havnt tried games off hd and i wont i only use dvd-r's, so if u ppl think of using it off hdd i would think twice.

And Chaos123 im not in xbins i just said u can dl the multibios for 4034 there if u need the 3944 i made for multibios u need to pm me in efnet my nick is the same as of here.

PillMonster

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2002, 04:28:00 PM »

Please don't be a

guboogi

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2002, 05:54:00 PM »

i'm pretty sure full copies of games will work for updates (like if you ripped the game yourself to your computer and then burned onto dvd-r) but the rips will not work because sometimes they rip out important files that need to be updated and therefore the update will case errors.

at least for nfl2k3, i copied it myself and mine updates fine.

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2002, 06:54:00 PM »

I'm confused...wut do w/ do if we dont have our TSOP flashed? someone please clarify

Raiders4ever

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2002, 07:11:00 PM »

Could you run evox from a cd with your mod on.  When it loads turn off the mod and load the game with the original bios?  Would this work?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5