xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Here We Go (post Results Here)  (Read 149 times)

DaGamePimp

• Archived User
Here We Go (post Results Here)
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2002, 02:51:00 AM »

Matrix modded 4034 box with EvoX2.5 - ybox dash  working here as well . This box was not used with LIVE beta .
--- DGP ---

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2002, 03:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (DaGamePimp @ Nov 15 2002, 09:51 AM)
Matrix modded 4034 box with EvoX2.5 - ybox dash  working here as well . This box was not used with LIVE beta .
--- DGP ---

Yeap I have an identical system which is also up.

This is definitely not a mod chip problem.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2002, 04:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (pike @ Nov 15 2002, 11:02 AM)
Op - I think you are closing your eyes to the obvious. Enable mod switch - no connection. Disable switch - connection.

Sure, throw in a few quirky server issues and THE DIFFERENCE between some setups and some chips and you may get the odd daft result, but for the most part, if you're chipped, you're stuffed

To ignore this bottom line, is to prevent progress towards making a viable solution possible

Nope, it's the other way around.

You are closing your eyes to my methodical test results.

2 modded Xboxes, working with beta, working fine now.
1 modded Xbox, identical to one of above, not working now.

1 non-modded Xbox working with beta, working now.
1 non-modded Xbox working with beta, not working now.

I've completely swapped out drives on the non-working machines as a test.

The problem travels with the motherboard (and has -NO- bearing on the mod chip presense at ALL!).

If I could get ahold of the eeprom modification program, I bet I could fix this.

BTW: in all cases I used the same gamertag account.

This is DEFINTELY -NOT- a mod chip issue.

It DOES seem to be related to kerberos authentication, as I had a packet sniffer on while testing ALL of these machines.

Get this, the ones that failed NEVER got a reply from the kerberos authentication attempt using UDP packets. (TCP is NOT used!).

The ones that worked DID receive a reply from the kerberos servers.

In all cases the kerberos authentication went to the same server!

MS has a problem with the authentication server.

pike-old

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2002, 04:24:00 AM »

Op -

I'm reading all your posts and you are certainly being thorough.

However, the only thing that would convince me that this is not a chip isssue would be the following

You have 2 identical machines running under the same identical conditions. There is literally NO difference between the two machines. They both have a mod chip  - one works and one does not

Simailarly you have two machines as above, but with no mod chip - one works and one does not

Under those circs then we'd start having an interesting situation, but you CANNOT get past, turn chip on, no connection, turn it off, straight in!

Anyway, I had an xecutor chip with on/off switch. Switch on, no connection, switch disabled, it worked like a dream

Then, for a couple of days, the dash was saying no x box live found, but Moto and Whacked still connected, but overnight, whilst I was still gettting the same message, I could connect via the games...

The ONLY difference I see now, is that the UL (upload) DL ( download) and P (ping) on the connectivity page WERE giving results when I was connecting, but are now just coming up blank

The impression that the machine is giving is that it isn't even trying

Cables connected
IP resolved
DNS sorted
X Box live not found

Doesn't even seem like the machine is trying to connect, hence my belief the account has been blocked, either in error, or by accident/design. It looks like MS had us connect for a few days to suss our setups and then caused the crash and burn...

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2002, 04:38:00 AM »

OPJOSE good post.  it really gave me goosebumps to hear good news after a week of hysterical xbox-scene member posts.  did u disable ur chip? i still am not able to connect enabled or disabled.  but u guys will be first to know once or if i do get connected again

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2002, 04:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (pike @ Nov 15 2002, 11:24 AM)
However, the only thing that would convince me that this is not a chip isssue would be the following

You have 2 identical machines running under the same identical conditions. There is literally NO difference between the two machines. They both have a mod chip  - one works and one does not

I have EXACTLY this.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2002, 04:54:00 AM »

Simailarly you have two machines as above, but with no mod chip - one works and one does not

I ALSO have EXACTLY this!

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2002, 04:56:00 AM »

Under those circs then we'd start having an interesting situation, but you CANNOT get past, turn chip on, no connection, turn it off, straight in!

Anyway, I had an xecutor chip with on/off switch. Switch on, no connection, switch disabled, it worked like a dream

And I have an Xecutor chipped machine that works perfectly both ways ON OR OFF.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2002, 04:59:00 AM »

The ONLY difference I see now, is that the UL (upload) DL ( download) and P (ping) on the connectivity page WERE giving results when I was connecting, but are now just coming up blank

The impression that the machine is giving is that it isn't even trying

Cables connected
IP resolved
DNS sorted
X Box live not found

Doesn't even seem like the machine is trying to connect, hence my belief the account has been blocked, either in error, or by accident/design. It looks like MS had us connect for a few days to suss our setups and then caused the crash and burn...

And I also have one chipped machine and one umodded one that do just as you are describing above.

I've put sniffers on the network. The machines that are not getting results are sending UDP authentication requests to kerberos servers.

They ARE NOT getting -ANY- replies, neither yeah, or nay!

This isn't an authentication issue as the machine would merely be denied and you would see a message about the account being blocked.

Instead on the non working machines, the kerberos server NEVER sends back a reply.

Satan00

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2002, 05:12:00 AM »

my xboxl ive works, wiht my disabled mod, didnt try to enable it yet

i just used the new CD

Zander

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2002, 05:21:00 AM »

IT's friday.

No workie.

:_(

Z

Col.Havoc

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2002, 07:20:00 AM »

Don't forget people, this is the first day that they are actually running so there are bound to be 'bugs'. Hope its that.

As for me, i'll tell ya all later when I get my kit. But, lastnight I was able to connect through the dash with my matrix in mode 3 using the MS bios.
Pages: 1 [2]