xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Proof That It Is Mod Detection!  (Read 97 times)

toasted69

• Archived User
Proof That It Is Mod Detection!
« on: November 14, 2002, 09:06:00 AM »

i cant connect with my mod chip on or off or with my  unmodded xbox with 2 diff live accounts

scyraxxx

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2002, 09:11:00 AM »

i also have a switch and no go! lets just wait for the 15th or today at 12 am! i hope is not a mod detection wich i believe it's not cause i always turned off my mod when i wanted to go live! i had my switch even b4 i got the starter kit!

lucasz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2002, 09:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (toasted69 @ Nov 14 2002, 04:06 PM)
i cant connect with my mod chip on or off or with my  unmodded xbox with 2 diff live accounts

When you run the test from the unmodded Xbox, does it pass the first three tests (Cable connected, IP address, DNS)?

toasted69

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2002, 09:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (lucasz @ Nov 14 2002, 04:12 PM)
QUOTE (toasted69 @ Nov 14 2002, 04:06 PM)

When you run the test from the unmodded Xbox, does it pass the first three tests (Cable connected, IP address, DNS)?

yep but it still sez xbox live not found tried it on my dsl and cable just incase they blocked ip

xbox_freak!!

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2002, 09:20:00 AM »

damn!!!!

lucasz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2002, 09:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (toasted69 @ Nov 14 2002, 04:13 PM)
yep but it still sez xbox live not found tried it on my dsl and cable just incase they blocked ip

Interesting.  It would seem that MS isn't using the silver bullet method, otherwise we'd have the problem identified by now.  They're using all sorts of methods and are being inconsistent.  Mabe that's their strategy for keeping us blocked?  Confuse the hell out of us by using one of several blocking methods at random from user to user?

We need to get organized.  If this web site would create a form for people to fill out with fields like mod chip, BIOS version, Xbox version, Upgraded HD, Beta CDs used, etc. we might be able to see something.

Skunky

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2002, 09:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (ash057 @ Nov 14 2002, 08:01 AM)
I have been connecting for months before they started the modchip detection. I wired a switch to my mod. Xbox Live doesnt connect with mod switched on. Power down unit and switch the mod off and it connects right away as it should. This has also been done by several of my friends with the same results. Anybody that doubts this is welcome to provide PROOF that it isnt modchip related. Please dont post that you read something, only first hand detailed information that the blocking isnt modchip related.

These arguments about waiting till the 15th is absurd. (MS said servers will be open on 14th for all beta testers)

ph34r.gif I have a switch on my enigmah...no go either on or off... ph34r.gif

iamwithstupid.gif  iamwithstupid.gif  iamwithstupid.gif

XBOB LIVE

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2002, 09:45:00 AM »

i have and xodus with 120 gig wirks like charm... i have another xodus with 120 gig shits its pants....  both off different live accounts off the same ip.  and yeah when i switch one live account to the other it works.. confusing.  one xbox wont work no matter wich live account, and the other one will no matter which live account.

toasted69

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2002, 09:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (XBOB LIVE @ Nov 14 2002, 04:45 PM)
i have and xodus with 120 gig wirks like charm... i have another xodus with 120 gig shits its pants....  both off different live accounts off the same ip.  and yeah when i switch one live account to the other it works.. confusing.  one xbox wont work no matter wich live account, and the other one will no matter which live account.

so your saying you can still log on with your moded box ?

andreo

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2002, 10:23:00 AM »

I just came back from the Live beta forums. There's a guy there with the same problem that we're having. However he mentions that he has a linksys router with version 1.43. He says that if he plugs the console straight to the dsl modem it works fine. If he plugs the console up to the router then it says xbox live not found, but everything else passes. He's tried forwarding ports to the console and even opened up DMZ to the console. I wonder how many people here that are having the problem is using a linksys befsr41. I am. But I'm at work right now and cant try a direct connection right now.
I'm thinking maybe something on the server side changed and the router is not passing the port though to the console.
Just another idea to throw into the pot.

Zander

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2002, 10:24:00 AM »

I am going directly into the cable modem (which is a dumb non-DOCSIS device, blech) and no workie. Worked find before Tuesday morning.

Z

Bitgod

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2002, 11:05:00 AM »

I think at this point, I'm not going to pick up XBL until things get straightened out.  Why give MS money if they're going to jerk us around?

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2002, 02:05:00 PM »

GIVE ME A BREAK

The original poster posts a phony story and doesn't even mention
1) What of modchip he has
2) Size of his HD
3) Plus he can't even post comments back

LIAR!!

brywalker

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2002, 02:11:00 PM »

Yeah, the only proof I will take is the press release from MS.

Thanks! Please drive through!

CCC|BillDoE

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2002, 06:14:00 PM »

i use the BEFSR41 1.43 firware unmodded thats not your problem. Works fine for me and always has.