xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How About Using The Led As A Mod On/off  (Read 30 times)

PillMonster

• Archived User
How About Using The Led As A Mod On/off
« on: November 14, 2002, 03:05:00 AM »

Just thinking, if this mod detection is occurring (which I think it is).
It would be relatively easy to route the mod on/off behaviour via the LED on the Ethernet. This way as soon as the network is detected, the mod goes on - Thus avoiding accidentily playing modded games online.

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2002, 03:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (PillMonster @ Nov 14 2002, 02:05 AM)
Just thinking, if this mod detection is occurring (which I think it is).
It would be relatively easy to route the mod on/off behaviour via the LED on the Ethernet. This way as soon as the network is detected, the mod goes on - Thus avoiding accidentily playing modded games online.

my xbox is connected to a router and router turns green (on) as soon as xbox is turned on regardless of connection ornot

PillMonster

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2002, 05:23:00 AM »

Yes, of course it will, doh!
That's not what I'm getting at.
If people want an auyo-modchip-disable mechanism which makes sure that
they never play via live with a modchip enabled then they could do the following.

Use a MOSFET or some form of micro-relay across the LED to enable/disable the modchip. If your Xbox has a network connection mod=off otherwise mod = on. This means that if anything on the xbox trys to check the BIOS while the xbox has a possible internet connection no info is going to get to MS about it. (unless MS create a log of kinds on the hard drive).

As for people who say "but I want to FTP games to my HD". Personally I think if you have a HD full of games, etc. and you are connecting to live you are pretty dumb. It is soon going to be a necessity to play from DVDR(W)/CDRW.