xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Recover Your Account  (Read 36 times)

tony_montana

• Archived User
Recover Your Account
« on: November 12, 2002, 02:08:00 PM »

Can someone try to recover their account on an unmodded xbox.  If your one xbox cannot connect, try to recover that account on an unmodded xbox, tell me how this goes

kkattfish

• Archived User
Recover Your Account
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2002, 02:23:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

tony_montana

• Archived User
Recover Your Account
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2002, 02:24:00 PM »

did you recover you account on those xboxes??

kkattfish

• Archived User
Recover Your Account
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2002, 02:33:00 PM »

this is exactly what i did:
started my modded xbox with no disk in the drive (mine boots up to the normal xbox dash, unless i have my evox dash cd in the drive.)
clicked on the memory option, then scrolled down to the bottom of the list where i saw xbox live acct, i copied that to a mem. card.
then i went to the new unmodded xbox and started that up with no disk in the drive, clicked on memory again, and copied the xbox live acct from my mem. card to the hd.
then i put the beta disk with motogp on it and clicked on that game, then all i did was click on my gamertag and voila', i was able to start a race with no problems, i did this twice just to verify it was working properly.  

***i ran the xbox live update disk on the unmodded xbox prior to any of these steps***

tony_montana

• Archived User
Recover Your Account
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2002, 02:37:00 PM »

I mean an actual recover of your account on an unmodded xbox.  This will check to see if you account is banned or if it is a serial # issue.  I dont mean moving it with a mem card, because the people who have a modded c partition cannot connect to account manager and copy their account

kkattfish

• Archived User
Recover Your Account
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2002, 02:47:00 PM »

yes they can, as long as you have your *.ini setup correctly and you can still get to your ms dash from your evox menu, you can still copy your xbl acct to a mem. card.  why wouldn't you be able to??

tony_montana

• Archived User
Recover Your Account
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2002, 02:49:00 PM »

sorry, thinking of something else, you are right.