xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Router Type  (Read 67 times)

bagel5009

• Archived User
Router Type
« on: October 27, 2002, 04:41:00 PM »

tongue.gif

bagel5009

• Archived User
Router Type
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2002, 04:53:00 PM »

i havent gotten my new xbox yet (other one broke) but when i set it up, its gonna be bagel, if its not taken, if not bagel5009, at least something bagel.

bagel5009

• Archived User
Router Type
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2002, 06:41:00 PM »

bad flash w/ enigmah, and a lifted trace

plehem12

• Archived User
Router Type
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2002, 07:25:00 PM »

QUOTE ({XBX}FrankDawg @ Oct 27 2002, 04:22 PM)
I have a linksys BEFSR41 router and i was wondering if it will work for xbox live

i know your question has already been answered, but there is a full listing of routers that will work with xbox live on xbox.com

{XBX}FrankDawg

• Archived User
Router Type
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2002, 01:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (Skunky @ Oct 28 2002, 05:04 PM)
ph34r.gif Yes it will work but you will have to open up some ports on the router... ph34r.gif

Xbox Live uses port 88 UDP protocol, port 3074 UDP/TCP Protocol

This is straight from M$ website

Your router's built-in firewall is blocking the ports required for Xbox Live.

A firewall is a security system that acts as a protective boundary between a network and the outside world by blocking network traffic on certain ports.

Connect your Xbox console directly to your modem (bypassing the router) and test to see if the problem is resolved.

If you are able to connect to the network when bypassing your router, you may need to configure your router to allow network communication on the specific ports required for Xbox Live. For Xbox Live to work correctly, the following ports need to be open:

• UDP 88
• UDP 3074
• TCP 3074

Here is the website for further connection assistance

http://www.xbox.com/...ta/tshoot-b.htm

my friend just got one and he said that you dont need to open any ports

Skunky

• Archived User
Router Type
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2002, 01:21:00 PM »

QUOTE ({XBX}FrankDawg @ Oct 28 2002, 12:18 PM)
QUOTE (Skunky @ Oct 28 2002, 05:04 PM)
ph34r.gif Yes it will work but you will have to open up some ports on the router... ph34r.gif

Xbox Live uses port 88 UDP protocol, port 3074 UDP/TCP Protocol

This is straight from M$ website

Your router's built-in firewall is blocking the ports required for Xbox Live.

A firewall is a security system that acts as a protective boundary between a network and the outside world by blocking network traffic on certain ports.

Connect your Xbox console directly to your modem (bypassing the router) and test to see if the problem is resolved.

If you are able to connect to the network when bypassing your router, you may need to configure your router to allow network communication on the specific ports required for Xbox Live. For Xbox Live to work correctly, the following ports need to be open:

• UDP 88
• UDP 3074
• TCP 3074

Here is the website for further connection assistance

http://www.xbox.com/...ta/tshoot-b.htm

my friend just got one and he said that you dont need to open any ports

ph34r.gif heh...i forgot that the new routers are running UPnP and xbox supports UPnP..  I have 1 of the first routers they came out with so I had to add those to my forward screen. ph34r.gif