xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Dashboard Update Nukes Xbox!  (Read 752 times)

opjose

• Archived User
Dashboard Update Nukes Xbox!
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2002, 11:15:00 AM »

NO DON'T Try this!

If you run a NTSC game on your PAL xbox it may very well update the PAL dashboard, even if it's already been updated.

It occurs because the update software will not see the same VERSION dash that it is expecting so it will try again, nuking your box!

Remember in an OEM Xbox NTSC games will not run on PAL Xboxes or vice versa. So this is not a problem for non-modded boxes.

However it IS a HUGE problem for yours.

Fix the game!

Extract the files and remove the update.xbe file, then reburn to make your game XBLive safe for you!

Rasta

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2002, 01:12:00 PM »

smile.gif and update bios....easy solution smile.gif

Bio Hazard

• Archived User
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2002, 01:18:00 PM »

Now  I have burn Evox i think a 15 times on a dvd-rw and a cd-rw
but nope  won't work on my xbox (ntsc) it won't Boot
I burned it whit  nero , primo , RecordNow max4.1 but nothing
they al won't work I used different Evox versions but nope
I also nuked my xbox whit splinter cell ........................
I have read in this post that no matter  what the XboX always boots
from a dvd-rw of cd-rw  some one sad this i hope he is right about it
Please tell me  what  do i wrong

Tnx

dsp5000

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2002, 10:10:00 PM »

I dont run evox on my harddrive, when i want to backup a game i just boot into evox and then continue to ftp. So i guess when i install live update i wont be affected? The only thing I dont understand is that i have patched my xboxdash with regionX and also will do the progrssive patch at a later date, so will these changes still be active after live has done its update to the dashboard? If not will the same patchs still work on the updated xboxdash?

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2002, 11:04:00 AM »

hang on what if after i update to live pal i use ntfc game and it updates to live ntsc i could just put the pal game back in update over ntsc back to pal

viperman3

• Archived User
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2002, 11:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (Bio Hazard @ Nov 3 2002, 04:18 PM)
Now  I have burn Evox i think a 15 times on a dvd-rw and a cd-rw
but nope  won't work on my xbox (ntsc) it won't Boot
I burned it whit  nero , primo , RecordNow max4.1 but nothing
they al won't work I used different Evox versions but nope
I also nuked my xbox whit splinter cell ........................
I have read in this post that no matter  what the XboX always boots
from a dvd-rw of cd-rw  some one sad this i hope he is right about it
Please tell me  what  do i wrong

Tnx

This is just a check list so as to know what your are/aren't doing (so don't get upset by the list if some of the questions are .. well .. silly)

Are you burning the iso image?.
Did you make sure the evox dash file is called default.xbe on the CD Media and all the ip settings in evox.ini are correct?

So if you've done the above, have you tried to "pad" the iso with a large file so as to move the content of evox to the outer portion of the dvd-r/cd-r

Were you previously (before the splinter cell damage) able to boot to the dash using the same media?

If you did have success booting at an earlier time, then there's no reason why you can't now.

anyways, let us know how you're preping the dvd-r/cd-r with evox?

regards,

vm3

Bio Hazard

• Archived User
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2002, 01:05:00 PM »

smile.gif
when i Used Splinter cell ......... live ..... every thing crashed not at once  but slowley  first the main menu stops to work second i can't play games anymore  even  wurst the Xbox stopt booting  nothing boots anymore
The media i used is defferend  princo, pioneer DVD-RW and CD-RW platinum , tdk doesn't make any differens  i burned it right
i have another xbox here (pal) and everything I brun that will boot on the pal Xbox   wierd  unsure.gif

RedSlug

• Archived User
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2002, 04:43:00 PM »

sad.gif

I no longer have the original, unpatched, PAL dashboard.  (DVDX-1 patched)

If I run the LIVE update, it will screw up my system.

Can I un-patch my dashboard?  i understand I cannot use one from another XBOX, is this right?

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2002, 09:25:00 AM »

as long as u have a xbox c drive msxboxdash.xbe back as xboxdash.xbe u can update but as far as i know there is no uk pal games out yet with live on them

also theres a post on the main page on how to update without ybox ie x-ecuter people  if u got ybox i would keep it like that dont fuck with  the live folder in c inless u have to

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2002, 09:05:00 PM »

I don't get wut YXboxDash.xbe is...does everyone have it? after i take the evoX dash out...and rename the original one...so it boots the original one..and install Xbox live...then put put the EvoX dash back on...rename everything back to wut it wuz...and edit the Menu.ini file so that it adds Xbox Live to the Launch Menu...and all is fixed..i can still play my burned games? Please clarify...thanx!

Also..how do I make an Image of the C and E drive? do i just copy all the files over into a folder via FTP? And if i screw it up..how do I restore that Image?

tupac

• Archived User
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2002, 10:39:00 PM »

so what if I nuke my xbox and do turn it off?  How hard is that to fix(if I don't have a backup), but do have an evox install cd?

Meatwad42

• Archived User
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2002, 09:30:00 AM »

huh.gif

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2002, 11:10:00 AM »

????????????????????????????????

i know ybox works and u can use live with mod off

but will it work with mod off with the other setup that is on main page i think its the wrong way to go u should leave the live files as they r useing yboxdash keeps it all the way it should be also i fount with my bros xbox with 8g hdd if u update to ntsc it woks with mod on untill i turn it off than it cant read the ntsc c drive to get around this pop in a pal live game update over the ntsc back to pal this will let u use ntsc and pal games on live BUT your be updateing your cdrive every time u swap from pal to ntsc

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2002, 07:05:00 PM »

Wut is yxboxdash? does everyone use it? y cant u just rename it? can someone answer my earlier post on pg. 8 the very last one!:-)

xdrei

• Archived User
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2002, 02:12:00 PM »

Ok, here's another n00b question:
I'm getting my beta live cd in the mail between now and monday.  I have an enigmah clone and have never touched a single file on my HD through anything else than the original xbox dashboard (just deleting files, soundtracks all that boring stuff) and do not have, plan on having, or ever have had evo X on my xbox.  Anyway, i dont have a switch to turn off my enigmah clone modchip.  But besides that, everything on my xbox is normal.  Should I worry when i install the beta live cd and play the games online?

Thx for the help,
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9