xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Dashboard Update Nukes Xbox!  (Read 753 times)

warbeast

• Archived User
Dashboard Update Nukes Xbox!
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2002, 12:10:00 AM »

and before i get put down

i was not trying to scare any one just that if i said it would be 100% fine and he went and put in his live cd and it just happed to be the frist of a new type that looked for mods and did some shit to his xbox (say again i am not saying they have ) i would not like to be the person how told him to .

weeman

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2002, 11:30:00 AM »

blink.gif ?????

xdrei

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2002, 01:15:00 PM »

yes, according to everyone, you should be able to...  btw, thanks warbeast

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2002, 11:58:00 PM »

no u c when u play a xbox live game it frist looks to c if u have live dash than if u dont it updates it so after u rename every thing back ie msxboxdash and xboxdash the next time u try to play a game on live it will look at your xboxdash which is evo as u put it back after update will not think u have livedash try to update again and nuke it u need to keep xboxdash on c and not rename it ybox lets u put evo to yboxdash and leave xboxdash alone

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2002, 05:55:00 PM »

uhhhh...in english please...that was really confusing!

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2002, 06:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (N00bvin @ Oct 11 2002, 12:53 AM)

yboxdash is not affected.

BTW: You can preven the games from "nuking" your Xbox by removing the UPDATE.XBE file from them.

This way they will not attempt to perform the dashboard update no matter what.

What is very disturbing is that once the damage is done, even replacing the original MSDash doesn't work.

Something else is being changed by this process.

How can you remove the UPDATE.xbe from the games? u cant delete data off of a CD...??

plehem12

• Archived User
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2002, 07:28:00 PM »

after you transfer the game from the xbox to your computer via FlashFXP open up whatever folder the game is in, there will be the update.xbe file right there. delete that. burn the game.

plehem12

• Archived User
« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2002, 08:02:00 PM »

in every game

tayior7

• Archived User
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2002, 10:39:00 AM »

ok i read alot of this post, and this is what i think is right-
If you have a modchip installed with evox bios on it, and havent messed with your harddrive at all, you can install live just like normal,
but
if you have a modchip with evox bios on there AND evox dashboard you have to reinstall the xbox dash after you install live, and never put that disc in again, or click on 'new account' in any game.
is that right?

Questioner

• Archived User
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2002, 06:54:00 AM »

I have a modded xbox with the original bios still installed. Does it make any difference if your xbox bios is original but you are using a mod chip to boot? If it does, forget about running games off hard drives and buy a dvd writer instead like i did. I'm scared to try myself until there is more solid info.

mod7

• Archived User
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2002, 08:34:00 AM »

Damn....return of the lameness....

anywayz just do this.....Use fancxbox by superfro and get the exvox 2.5 regular bios from the normal places.  Run fancxbox on the evox 2.5 bios and tell it to boot from iamlame.xbe instead of ybox.xbe.  Then flash your bios with the new one. ez and future proof. oh and dont forget to rename your evox dash xbe to iamlame.xbe.

spritian

• Archived User
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2002, 12:43:00 PM »

hey all-

all this info is kinda confusing since i wasn't in the beta... anyhow here's what I have and maybe someone can answer my question...:

I've got an xbox running evo 2.5 bios off a matrix/xoduschip. I moved the hd to an external hd firewire enclosure box (firewire removed, added ide interface so external xbox idc connector connects to firewire idc box connector). Then I added a 5 1/4 hd hot swapable box to fit in the firewire enclosure... works great with 2 60 gigs running evox on the hd (swapable). Now my question is, if I get another hd swapable tray for my orig hd, and set my matrix to mode3, wouldn't this be as if my xbox isn't modded at all allowing me to play xbox live? My orig hd is untouched and perfectly intact...

Thanks.

NGrey

• Archived User
« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2002, 05:08:00 PM »

I don't have live but plan on getting it...anyways I want to start burning all my games xblive compliant.  I know I have to delete the update.xbe, but I was looking on some games, and there is also a file that says dashupdate.xbe. My question is do I delete both? as I assume I wouldn't want my dash tampered with.

Umm...Sorry about this lame post after reading all 143 previous posts I found my answer

Cheers,
Ngrey

echto

• Archived User
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2002, 10:52:00 AM »

I have written a turtorial on how to fix Error 21 by essentially removing Xbox Live from your Xbox.  You can use a backup of your original C partition or a backup of your C partition with Evolution X installed on it.  Note:  you do not need a complete image of the partition only a hand full of files from the root directory.  I have upped the tutorial to xbox-scene and have posted a link in the xbox live forum.  This tutorial is only good of you want to remove Xbox Live from your Xbox.

http://xbox-scene.fx...e7740b356171fa9

tupac

• Archived User
« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2002, 12:21:00 AM »

i had an updatedash.xbe not UPDATE.xbe in UC on my hdd.  Is that the same thing, cause I deleted it.  It freaked me out cause I go into boxplorer and hit default.xbe to run the game and updatedash.xbe was right next to it.  Also, why doesn't M$ or the game developers just make update.xbe run automatically just to fuck us over?  And where in the game do u execute update.xbe anyway, I looked on UC and didn't see any update or xboxlive stuff.  If I don't ever install xbox live should I be ok with update.xbe or not?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9