xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: See Games On Xbox But Cannot Join :(  (Read 66 times)

supremeone

• Archived User
See Games On Xbox But Cannot Join :(
« on: December 11, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »

I keep getting this error.. saying "You can't join this party. Please wait a moment and try again." At first I thought this was a normal error but it happens over and over and over.

My setup is.. xbox is connected to the router via a wireless adapter.. a MN-740.. 802.11g. And my xbconnect pc is wired via a standard linksys netward card. I enabled the mac translation for wet11 in the options.. and I can find my console when its waiting for available games. I can even attempt to join games.. only one I've been trying so far is Halo2. I double click the games and I see the name of the server in my xbox.. I select it and press A. It says joining game for like 5-7 seconds. and then I get that error message.

I uninstalled zone alarm and windows xp firewall is off.  I also put my mac address of my adapter in my xbox settings under network.  I'm out of ideas.  Any help would be appreciated. I'd prefer to not change my current setup as it seems like it should work. (detecting xbox and displaying games).

P.S.  I have my xbox and other pcs attain automatically assigned ips instead of static ips.. don't know if thats a problem or not

This post has been edited by supremeone: Dec 12 2005, 12:21 AM

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
See Games On Xbox But Cannot Join :(
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »

Xbox needs to be wired to the pc and the PC can be wired, check out the network setup guide in my signature, it's the only way wireless will work sad.gif